• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 Key Performers for Nebraska Basketball

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
From Hail Varsity.

Projecting the 5 Key Performers for Nebraska Basketball
upload_2017-10-21_14-44-48.jpeg

Half of Nebraska’s roster is made up of newcomers. Nebraska only has one player returning who averaged eight or more points last season. The Huskers have two players looking to make big sophomore leaps. Who will be Nebraska’s top five performers this season? Let’s power rank.

1) Junior PG Glynn Watson Jr. (6-foot, 173 pounds)
2) Junior F Isaac Copeland (6-foot-9, 221 pounds)
3) Junior G James Palmer Jr. (6-foot-6, 210 pounds)
4) Sophomore C Jordy Tshimanga (6-foot-11, 268 pounds)
5) Sophomore F Isaiah Roby (6-foot-8, 226 pounds)

https://us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea...+varsity+nebraska+football&type=9655305_US_us

Can't disagree with that. Those are my top 5 players going into the year. Maybe if McVeigh or Allen become lights out 40% 3pt shooters this year they will obviously step up. Then you have Gill, who could decide to play like the player he was coming out of high school. Never know.

As much as Copeland shot from three point range in the exhibition, he must have more talent for it than he showed. His misses weren't even close on some of them.

Last edited:
As much as Copeland shot from three point range in the exhibition, he must have more talent for it than he showed. His misses weren't even close on some of them.
I am thinking that we will be lucky to be a .500 team this year, and would be okay with that(not really, I want a B1G Title) but I just wonder if we can be better than that? Where do you think we we end up at the end of the year?

I am thinking that we will be lucky to be a .500 team this year, and would be okay with that(not really, I want a B1G Title) but I just wonder if we can be better than that? Where do you think we we end up at the end of the year?

I had given up trying to figure out Husker basketball long ago. I always figure they will be average or worse and am usually right. Here is to being pleasantly surprised.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back