• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4* WR Manuel Allen re-opens recruitment; Update: Nebraska is the Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just landed a stellar receiving class. I'm not saying we shouldn't take him; just wondering about a player who decommits because of competition.
But you also remember they really wanted more right? Or conveniently forget? If any of the big boy WRs want to drop Bama, USC, tOSU, etc...DONU would be glad to take them in...regardless of the reason.

I'm not so sure we should welcome a kid who's afraid of competing for a position.

"Afraid of competition" can easily be spun into "Smart enough to look around for better opportunities". End of the day this kid wants N Nebraska is taking him in a heartbeat.

"Afraid of competition" can easily be spun into "Smart enough to look around for better opportunities". End of the day this kid wants N Nebraska is taking him in a heartbeat.
So the better opportunity might be not having to compete against players better than you? Okay, I just think that's a losing argument for any player.

I'm sure he'll be great!

Last edited:

So the better opportunity might be not having to compete against players better than you? Okay, I just think that's a losing argument for any player.

I'm sure he'll be great!

orrrrrr he could be a star here versus one of three stars there. Either way, he could be a star.

Glass half full man!
200.webp

Last edited:

I'm sure he'll be great!

Again... all speculation from people that post on USC247. For all we/they know he simply wants to look at all of his options and make sure he's making the best decision for himself.

Personally could not care less what his reason is, he is currently ranked as the 101st best player in the country according to 247composite.

Edit: Another reason might just be that Lindsey has been in his ear a bit: "Allen, who the Huskers have been recruiting for nearly a year already, is very interested in playing with Tyjon Lindsey at the next level. The two crossed paths with Lindsey briefly attended the school, before transferring back to Bishop Gorman."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back