• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4 * WR Joshua Moore is 'N' Update: 'Recruitment has been shutdown since 6/18, 1000% committed'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have never subscribed to the theory that sites/media "hate" Nebraska or purposely avoid talking about them etc, and still don't... But find it a bit odd and surprising that a few of the major recruiting sites completely passed over Moore's commitment today. While there was obviously news on the Nebraska team site, there was absolutely nothing about it on the front page or even the general recruiting page for 247 - despite him being a top 70 player in both their personal ranking and the composite. Likewise ESPN's recruiting page (which I know isn't as invested in recruiting) had nothing, even though according to their guys he is the 31st best player in the entire country. Props given to Rivals as they did have an article breaking down his commitment.

Last edited:
Hope he stays far far away from Columbus Ohio.
Not every recruit wants to go to Ohio State. Yes there success is going to be enticing but a lot of prospects even highly rated ones like Moore are common for OSU and sometimes they want to help build a program to compete rather than piggyback off of success that is already there. Look at Tyjon he's said that's the reason he ended up coming to Nebraska and Moore just strikes me as that kind of person Even with offers from schools like Alabama and Ohio State reporters on 247 are saying that this hasn't been close since around the spring game and that ,"Despite the rumors, Nebraska ran away with this commitment."

Last edited:

This tweet reminds me of all the people (including Sam McKewon who "doesn't get worked up over recruiting") that were absolutely freaking out when we didn't sign one from Texas and that Riley was letting the pipeline slip. All the while forgetting about Pelini not recruiting certain states during certain cycles.

Something has changed with Sam in recent years. I understand it can be difficult to find things to write about for 52 of the 36 weeks of Nebraska football season (including bowl game, NSD, and spring game), but IMO there is a tendency for Sam to develop his own narratives regarding the state of the program.

Seems like some of those narratives can slant to a social nature as well, especially when he hits culture and sometimes recruiting. True, it is his column to write and his charge from the OWH to cover Husker football, but I cannot help sensing some vague agenda when I read his stuff at times. And that agenda isn't something anti-Riley, to me it seems more akin to Sam being the smartest person in the room.

And the writing style; a recent column had one paragraph containing one sentence, with two hyphens and no less than 4 commas before he made his point.

Oh well, probably just me.

Back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back