• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 * WR Dez Fitzpatrick chooses Louisville (his dad responds to NU fans on twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottom line is the kid stayed closer to home no matter how they dress it up. The weather in Louisville isn't all that great in October through March, so I seriously doubt the weather was a real issue. In the end, the mileage meter plays a big factor.

Anyone else find it funny that Nebraska actually threw the ball more than Louisville last season when taking the 'offensive uncertainty' into consideration?

Lincoln didn't get further away over the weekend. The Big 10 West didn't get weaker over the weekend, But Bobby petrino DID get a lot of face time over the weekend. The worst man in college football. Pardon me if I don't wish any of them "luck"

Of course. But, when you have someone in your ear drilling into you these points then the guy gets swayed, particularly when he was "committed" there earlier. That said, I don't disagree with the opinions about Petrino. Recruiting is not a pretty game. Some just make it uglier than others.

Weather is just one of those things you can either deal with, or you can't. The argument is always made that if you want to play on Sundays, you better learn to deal with it. I don't really get the lack of clarity in the offense comment. We had 5800 yards worth of unclear offense, and about 3500 through the air. If I'm a receiver, I'm not thinking it's all that unclear at all. Louisville had 5400 yards of laser visioned offense, with 3200 coming through the air. If it's about catching the forward pass, how is that so unclear?

I think the Offense part had to do with learning more than one WR position at NU and only 1 at Louisville.

AMERICAN ATHLETIC - EAST
Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Syracuse
Wake Forest

BIG TEN - WEST
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Meh, Clemson and FSU are hard to match (within the division, not the conference), but there is more strength top to bottom in the B1G West. Nebraska also has a far more likely path to the conference championship game. Louisville's best team in history could still finish third in that division.

The kid likes Louisville better. Fine. Don't make up completely weak excuses to justify going with the weaker program in the weaker conference with the weaker coaching staff.

Especially when the biggest ACTUAL reason that the young man wants to go to Louisville is that they will tailor the offense to him (supposedly) and only require that he learn one position. Nebraska coaches were more than willing to do the former, but were candid in the latter when they explained he would have to learn all three receiver positions because the offense would not be distilled to make it easier for one athlete.

AMERICAN ATHLETIC - EAST
Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Syracuse
Wake Forest

BIG TEN - WEST
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Meh, Clemson and FSU are hard to match (within the division, not the conference), but there is more strength top to bottom in the B1G West. Nebraska also has a far more likely path to the conference championship game. Louisville's best team in history could still finish third in that division.

The kid likes Louisville better. Fine. Don't make up completely weak excuses to justify going with the weaker program in the weaker conference with the weaker coaching staff.

Especially when the biggest ACTUAL reason that the young man wants to go to Louisville is that they will tailor the offense to him (supposedly) and only require that he learn one position. Nebraska coaches were more than willing to do the former, but were candid in the latter when they explained he would have to learn all three receiver positions because the offense would not be distilled to make it easier for one athlete.

Definitely some top heavy talent in that conference, but I guess it's probably not quite as much as say the B1G East. OSU, Michigan State and Michigan would be a steeper hill to climb, but it's immaterial. It's hard for a kid to not get pretty pumped if someone, especially a slick seller like BP, tells you he's going to design things around you, and what you are comfortable with. In the long term it's probably detrimental to his development as a player, but if he can just focus on something more basic, he might have a better opportunity cracking into the lineup as a freshman. I see some people at Nebraska he might get stuck behind for a year or two.

Of course. But, when you have someone in your ear drilling into you these points then the guy gets swayed, particularly when he was "committed" there earlier. That said, I don't disagree with the opinions about Petrino. Recruiting is not a pretty game. Some just make it uglier than others.

The kid did not get swayed, daddy did.

Definitely some top heavy talent in that conference, but I guess it's probably not quite as much as say the B1G East. OSU, Michigan State and Michigan would be a steeper hill to climb, but it's immaterial. It's hard for a kid to not get pretty pumped if someone, especially a slick seller like BP, tells you he's going to design things around you, and what you are comfortable with. In the long term it's probably detrimental to his development as a player, but if he can just focus on something more basic, he might have a better opportunity cracking into the lineup as a freshman. I see some people at Nebraska he might get stuck behind for a year or two.

Yup. Good post.

Maybe during these rough patches, HMAX could open a new section of Mental Health Therapy Sessions to help us move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back