• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4 Star WR Jamire Calvin is 'N' (Huskers up to #17 in Scout Team Rankings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

If any of these recruits come here and start laying the wood and bringing the hardware, no one will remember any tweets that they made in high school.

If you say so but I think otherwise and you think other players on the team don't notice their crap as they want players that are all in and want to contribute. It also shows a huge character flaw for someone getting a free education.

I agree with Avenger....If he comes here, breaks all kinds of records, wins the Heisman, helps us win a championship or three, etc, etc, there will be a grand total of zero fans who will care what he said on twitter before he committed. Every single one of us will be impatiently waiting for the University to retire his jersey and get his name and number up in Memorial Stadium.

I agree with Avenger....If he comes here, breaks all kinds of records, wins the Heisman, helps us win a championship or three, etc, etc, there will be a grand total of zero fans who will care what he said on twitter before he committed. Every single one of us will be impatiently waiting for the University to retire his jersey and get his name and number up in Memorial Stadium.

Please pass me what you two are drinking.
kool-aid-man.jpg

They are 17 and 18 year olds, they don't think about how things can be perceived. Heck, I write emails sometimes that my boss will call me and say "what did you mean when you said....." and I don't even think about it the way he is. That being said, retweeting someone telling him to come somewhere you aren't committed to is tough to take any other way but negatively.

I think we will be fine here.
Agreed, I was thinking strictly as an outside observer. I hesitate to think what I'd have done with my recruitment on twitter were it available back then. And I was a D2 & NAIA track recruit! I'd have milked that for whatever it was worth and double that on Sunday. That said, if one of my kids is getting attention, I'm throwing their phone in the lake.

Please pass me what you two are drinking.
kool-aid-man.jpg

I'm not saying he'll do that at all. I hope he will, but it's highly unlikely. However, my point was that outside of him not signing with us or transferring later, no matter what happens no one will remember his pre-commitment tweets even a few months down the road.

If he comes, cool. If not, well.... best of luck I suppose.

Don't put a lot into his tweets but what Brandon Reilly had to say about JC this morning has me more concerned about whether or not this kid finishes his career as a Husker if he ends up here anyway.

Says he messaged Calvin regarding his Oregon State commit in which he replied "Just wanted to see how people reacted and see if they still care about me, but I still want to go to Nebraska and I am sure I still end up there".

If true than that sure as hell sounds like more of a "me" guy than a "we" guy...

As for the care about me comment... If directed at the coaches, not sure what else they could have done to show he was a top priority, Williams has been recruiting him consistently since last spring.

(Starts at 6:45)

Last edited:

This is what I was curious about... sounds like the kid really enjoys all the attention he's received via social media and he knows his time is almost up so he's "stoking the fire" so to speak. As far as reflection of character with stunts like this... I think it show his immaturity reflected in manners completely consistent with 17 year olds. This too shall pass, he'll grow up, they all do. GBR

If he comes, cool. If not, well.... best of luck I suppose.

Don't put a lot into his tweets but what Brandon Reilly had to say about JC this morning has me more concerned about whether or not this kid finishes his career as a Husker if he ends up here anyway.

Says he messaged Calvin regarding his Oregon State commit in which he replied "Just wanted to see how people reacted and see if they still care about me, but I still want to go to Nebraska and I am sure I still end up there".
If true than that sure as hell sounds like more of a "me" guy than a "we" guy...

As for the care about me comment... If directed at the coaches, not sure what else they could have done to show he was a top priority, Williams has been recruiting him consistently since last spring.

I think this was definitely about the coaches. Weve seen all around the recruiting world where coaches just sort of "drop off" contact with a recruit. I could see how this might have happened given he was a silent commit anyhow.

I think the kid is quick as hell and a very good WR. I hope it all works out tomorrow. I absolutely wouldnt be surprised if he drags this out beyond the next week or so.

If I were a recruit, and this is solely speaking for myself, once I was committed I'd want the coaches to pursue that next guy full bore. Don't worry about me, focus on the rest of the class. By wanting a ton of attention I'd actually be hurting the class in the sense that they have to parse their time more. JMO.

If I were a recruit, and this is solely speaking for myself, once I was committed I'd want the coaches to pursue that next guy full bore. Don't worry about me, focus on the rest of the class. By wanting a ton of attention I'd actually be hurting the class in the sense that they have to parse their time more. JMO.

No 17 year-old in the USA currently thinks like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back