• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star WR Darien Chase is N Update: Named WA State Co-Player Of The Year/First Team All-State

Again it is about the percentage of guys who work out. I never said non of them work out. Jeez you guys are overly sensitive. BTW Newcombe is a stretch. Also it is Terrence.

Newcombe was as gifted of an athlete we have seen in awhile.

When was the last time we had a PR (who also caught big game passes) who made noise in the return game?

Pierson El
Dejaun Groce
Bobby Newcombe

Those were elite return guys...I know we have sprinkled others in there here and there, but those 3 knew how make a big return (prior to DPE getting injured)

Newcombe was as gifted of an athlete we have seen in awhile.

When was the last time we had a PR (who also caught big game passes) who made noise in the return game?

Pierson El
Dejaun Groce
Bobby Newcombe

Those were elite return guys...I know we have sprinkled others in there here and there, but those 3 knew how make a big return (prior to DPE getting injured)
As a returner ok. As a WR meh.

This has gotten off track.

Bottom line is that it really doesn't matter where you come from if you are a good football player.

The next level seems to have plenty of players at all different positions playing in elements they have never experienced- and a lot of them seem to be doing ok
Indeed. Welcome Darien!

This has gotten off track.

Bottom line is that it really doesn't matter where you come from if you are a good football player.

The next level seems to have plenty of players at all different positions playing in elements they have never experienced- and a lot of them seem to be doing ok
Thanks for seeing that.

It's good to get a receiver like him to hop on this train.

Again it is about the percentage of guys who work out. I never said non of them work out. Jeez you guys are overly sensitive. BTW Newcombe is a stretch. Also it is Terrence.
Exacttly what are "the percentages?" Or, are you just blowing smoke?

Could it be that the sheer number is higher because we recruit more "cold weather" guys. And, is Washington really a "cold weather" State...isn't is it's lows quite a bit warmer than Nebraska through the winter...like 25 degrees or so?

BTW, we really play very, very, few cold weather games anymore. Even when we do, they don't seem like they are in Nebraska.

Last edited:
This thread is about Darien Chase. Any further hijacks will get the individuals thread ban

RR

The one thing I have heard no one mention. He is used to playing in cold weather. Look at many of our best WR historically. Irving Fryar, kenny Bell, now JD are all guys that did not have to learn how to play in the cold, because they were used to it. The sun belt guys are always a bit of a risk coming here because you don't know if they will handle the cold well. Less of a risk when they grew up in it.
Reeeeeeeaaaaaach

frnxxym1.gif

C

I love that we pulled him out of Oregon’s territory.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back