1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

4-Star QB Luke McCaffrey is N (from Valor Christian, CO)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by ShortSideOption, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 5 Year Member

Remember if he was sacked those count as rushes and contribute negative yards to the pot. A kid as talented as he is may have had a bad sack or two where he tried to run his way out and lost a lot of yardage on a play or two.

2. inthedeed

inthedeed Red Shirt 5 Year Member

thinking more along the lines of catching, running, throwing receiver/back. qb if needed

3. 36Blast

36Blast Slow Blinker 2 Year Member

Something tells me QB will not be the position he ends up at.

alabamahusker, YUENGLING and katymac like this.
  4. gheerock

gheerock Recruit 2 Year Member

Maybe right but there will be 2 years difference after he redshirts and the Huskers will still need legit athletes as reserves for 3 years and to be #1 after that.

alabamahusker likes this.
  5. Redfish

Redfish Red Shirt 5 Year Member

You still have to have a competent back-up. At some point you WILL need him.

6. wheat

wheat Red Shirt 5 Year Member

It'll be interesting to see what we do with him next year. If the coaches are comfortable with Vedral as #2, I'd expect to see him at receiver as we need some guys there.

What we've seen so far would lead me to believe LM will be the #2 QB and I don't know if you can get him enough reps to adequately prepared him to be the #2 QB and in the receiver rotation.

7. All 'N' 011808

All 'N' 011808 Former Walk-on 2 Year Member

8. canadianhusker

canadianhusker Red Shirt 10 Year Member

every time i see one of these "is N" threads bumped to the top i expect to read bad news.

9. ramsker

ramsker Short...but slow 10 Year Member

Valor makes it to the CO state championship game with their 31 - 29 win today. McCaffrey's stats weren't great, but the weather was terrible this afternoon. Started out beautiful, but as CO often does, it changed rapidly with diving temps, winds above 30 mph and some rain.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/24/valor-christian-grandview-5a-football-semifinal/

Luke McCaffrey completed seven of 16 passes for 92 yards and two touchdowns and churned out nine mostly by-design rushes for an additional 77 yards, including a 45-yard touchdown scamper in which he dodged four defenders to put Valor up, 28-16, with 3:19 left in the third.

The University of Nebraska-bound Luke McCaffrey flashed athleticism and pocket awareness while distributing the ball to a throng of skill-position players. The Eagles complemented their aerial attack with a healthy gameplan on the ground, which narrowly outlasted a Grandview team that is primarily built on its run game.

inthedeed and Big Red Rocks like this.
  10. Twelve String

Twelve String Red Shirt 5 Year Member

11. N2FL

N2FL Varsity 10 Year Member

Articles:
    Must be a typo, they committed in June, not January.

12. Husker Country Doc

Husker Country Doc All American 15 Year Member

I got it from the horses mouth, Verduzco, that LM will practice at, and play QB at DONU.

13. All 'N' 011808

All 'N' 011808 Former Walk-on 2 Year Member

Garrett Nelson after the Colorado State Championship with Luke McCaffrey...

dparks and Beareye like this.
  14. Keefover

Keefover Lurker with posting privilege 2 Year Member

That Mullet!!! :eek:

Big Red Rocks and dparks like this.
  15. joncarl

joncarl Nobody important 10 Year Member

It's a little long on top, but at least he is trying. He is a little bit too much Rick Flair for me but again, he's trying. :thumbsup: