• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4-Star OT John Olmstead, New Jersey, 6'6", 290

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land of 10 Article link...

John Olmstead has big dreams, Rich Hilliard says. Dreams of playing football at the highest level. But Hilliard, who coaches Olmstead at Saint Joseph High School in Metuchen, N.J., said that the 4-star offensive lineman will exercise prudence and maturity when making his college decision.

Nebraska, which made Olmstead’s list of top-10 schools last month, will be among those contenders. During spring break this week, Olmstead is checking out several schools. On Tuesday, he was at LSU and spent Wednesday at Ole Miss. Olmstead’s unofficial visit with Nebraska will commence Friday. He wraps up his five-school swing with visits to Michigan and Notre Dame next week.

“A lot of Big Ten schools were early with him,” Hilliard told Land of 10. “That’s what really struck an interest.”

Ohio State, Wisconsin and Minnesota are also in the running for Olmstead, who is the No. 18 tackle and No. 168 overall Class of 2019 prospect in the 247Sports composite rankings.
According to Hilliard, Olmstead is a strong student. He’s also a humble, well-rounded young man who comes from a good family — and an athletic one, too. Both of his parents were Division I athletes. Olmstead is the youngest of five children and all four of his sisters played college sports.

“He’s just a great young man, I can’t say enough good things about him,” Hilliard said. “He’s so athletic. When he puts that helmet on, he turns into a different kid. You can’t teach a kid what he has.”

Olmstead’s ability to get in the second level after his initial attack on the line makes him special, Hilliard said.

“He’s just looking downfield after the initial line of scrimmage and he wants to block somebody,” he said.

I think April will be a good month for us. I could see both by the end of the month... Would LOVE to see Mcaffrey here as well, but that may not happen for awhile.

Nice call... you must be an insider :Cautious:
I hope you aren't a blind squirrel.... Good call!!!
Not an insider, but probably closer to a blind squirrel. Based on these replies, I'm guessing he pulled the trigger...I haven't looked at the other threads yet as I'm just checking my alerts.

I thought Grayson would be committing soon after his visit because he informed the staff that he was coming to both Junior Day and the Spring Game before he even received his offer. Once he got his offer and came this weekend, it wasn't a surprise. Plus, N2FL and crystal ball picks were indicating the same.

Rutgers (D1 bottom feeder but local I guess), Minnesota (Row your boat to the bottom of the B1G West???) and Ole Miss (can't even compete in post season) over us. Interesting choices.

Interesting list indeed. How does Ole Miss keep getting on short lists for highly-rated prospects well outside of their traditional recruiting footprint? Minnesota is a strange inclusion as well. I would think he ends up at ND, Michigan, or Rutgers (home state school). Too bad NU is not a finalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back