• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4-star OLB Quayshon Alexander is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmon...tell us what happened at Rutgers. It doesn't even need to be true...I just want some dirt! :Biggrin:

As I've said before, kids who switch at the last second based on a late visit are usually making a poor decision. If he goes elsewhere, so be it.

As I've said before, kids who switch at the last second based on a late visit are usually making a poor decision. If he goes elsewhere, so be it.

I don't disagree, but I would love to see some stats on that. Without stats it is just opinion.

I don't disagree, but I would love to see some stats on that. Without stats it is just opinion.
Probably too broad to be put into a statistic. However, I do work in the professional recruiting industry (business world), and last second interviews offering more $, etc... usually end poorly for the candidate. Not always...but more often than not.

The Simmons situation wreaks of this... by far the biggest disappointment of the recruiting season for me. Losing a Midwestern kid to Clemson is horrifying imo. I put my stamp on that one... has little to no chance of working out.

Last edited:
Probably too broad to be put into a statistic. However, I do work in the professional recruiting industry (business world), and last second interviews offering more $, etc... usually end poorly for the candidate. Not always...but more often than not.

The Simmons situation wreaks of this... by far the biggest disappointment of the recruiting season for me. Losing a Midwestern kid to Clemson is horrifying imo. I put my stamp on that one... has little to no chance of working out.

I don't disagree with your idea about last second commits, but I don't get the bolded. Why is a Midwestern kid going half a country east any different than a kid coming here from California or New Jersey. And Clemson was just in the national championship game. They're a current contender. For a kid who thinks he can really play, that would be huge, imo.

Last edited:

I understand the comparison, but it seems translating employment performance to college football is a stretch. I have a similar position in management, all be it in a non-profit professional world, but it is very difficult predicting who will work out and who will not.

Sounds like QA is :N: again according to the signing day thread

Using the word 'horrifying' when it comes to recruiting is just weird. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back