• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4 Star DB C.J. Smith is N (First commit of the Scott Frost era)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tre'Quan...rJr, one more game to go season numbers....

1056 yds, 20! Ypc, 13 TDS, and counting

4th year at school, made the conference all academic team. :Stirthepot:

Edit...tried and failed to quote n2fl on page 5. CJ's brother, I want him N too.

Last edited:
Would be nice to pair this kid (FS) up with Texas four-star Cam'Ron Jones (SS). Jones is getting some CB's coming in for him to Nebraska. I REALLY like his film.

Big time FLA HS football school in West Palm great job getting foot in the door at this place they pull the best talent in the county. There is another Smith in that D backfield currently committed to Ole Miss that would be a great also.

@N2FL ranks C.J. Smith, Frost's first commitment, at #6 in the class. There hasn't been as much talk about him as other recruits, but this story which is on the homepage of HuskerMax is a great read. The quote below comes from the end of the story.

Yet he already has traits Nebraska and other schools covet with his 6-foot-2 frame and reputation as a downhill tackler. ESPN rates him as the No. 19 safety nationally and No. 272 recruit overall in the 2018 class. He’ll begin at that position, but could also excel as a cornerback and even play some offense if asked.

Frost said on signing day he considered Nebraska’s haul of Smith, Cam Jones (Mansfield, Texas) and juco signee Deontai Williams to be “as good a class at safety as anyone in the country.” Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander remembers Smith being one of the first phone calls the staff made once it was hired.

“I think we may have had a chance with him anywhere we were even though he had the Oklahomas and the Floridas and the Florida States,” Chinander says. “Then just (us) coming to Nebraska made it very easy for him to say yes.”

And Smith didn’t rest once he became a Husker. Other recruits began messaging him on social media asking about Frost and his coaching staff. Among them were fellow Floridians like wideout Dominick Watt (Hollywood) and running back/receiver Miles Jones (Fort Lauderdale).

“I just had to tell them how Nebraska was,” Smith says before pausing. “How it’s going to be. I have a lot of confidence in Nebraska for the upcoming season. I just told them to jump on board.”

C.J. Smith story

I think he is the FS of the future, but along with Deontai Williams, he'll probably get a long look at corner this fall because of the lack of numbers. I'd also put Moses Bryant at CB too.

I think he is the FS of the future, but along with Deontai Williams, he'll probably get a long look at corner this fall because of the lack of numbers. I'd also put Moses Bryant at CB too.

Based on need or it being his better position? (or both)

I thought Bryant's short-coming (other than grades) was top end speed. Isn't cornerback a bad place for that weakness?

I thought Bryant's short-coming (other than grades) was top end speed. Isn't cornerback a bad place for that weakness?

Not necessarily. Josh Norman ran a 4.66 at the combine. Joe Haden ran a 4.57... obviously you'd like to see a kid with DiCaprio Bootle speed, but it's not the be all end all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back