• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

#4 Nebraska vs #1 UCLA Game Thread

A great match to watch tonight on BTN. I think UCLA has a bit better team right now, but the ladies dug deep and won the match. I got tix to the Notre Dame match tomorrow night. I hope the girls don't come out emotionally drained tomorrow night from the big win. Way to go girls. A nice start to the season.

I am a women's volleyball fan and last night's comeback win over UCLA was dynamic and one for the ages. I was ready to write the match off, when they kept falling behind by two to four points in the last game, but I had not seen the second game when they came back from so far down to win the second game. These women are inspiring with their will to get it done.

The promising thing about this match for me was the ladies took down the number 1 team in the country, but still show so much room to grow! UCLA's passing and setting seemed spot on compared to the Huskers, but the ladies were able to dig deep for the win. I think Coach Cook knows where they need to focus and things should get better from here. Congrats ladies on a big win!!

The promising thing about this match for me was the ladies took down the number 1 team in the country, but still show so much room to grow! UCLA's passing and setting seemed spot on compared to the Huskers, but the ladies were able to dig deep for the win. I think Coach Cook knows where they need to focus and things should get better from here. Congrats ladies on a big win!!

Actually, UCLA's setting was pitiful in the first two matches. Especially in the middle.

Huskers were in sync first two sets.
UCLA was hitting on all cylinders (especially Love) in sets three and four.
Best vs. Best in fifth.

Huge upside:
  • Broekhuis and Mancuso had below average days.
  • Haggerty is a Freshman that only plays in limited parts of the rotation.
  • Werth is starting FAST.

Congrats on the huge win, Lady Huskers!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back