• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DE Ty Robinson is N

When you think about it. It is just short of amazing that a team who went 0-6 can close with a recruiting class of this caliber. Really speaks to the belief in this staff and this program. GBR.

When you think about it. It is just short of amazing that a team who went 0-6 can close with a recruiting class of this caliber. Really speaks to the belief in this staff and this program. GBR.
True that, Frosty says he'll be satisfied when we have top 10 classes. Me likey

Absolutely. Truly amazing that a 4-8 team can pull off this caliber of a recruiting class.
This demonstrates how well SF Inc is able to connect with recruits.
I think the 2nd half of our season also demonstrated to these recruits that once our 'tap dancing' is all in sync then we are tough to beat.
I'm trying to imagine the last time a 4-8 team had this kind of recruiting success. I won't figure that out, but my guess is someone on here will take a crack at it.

Agreed. And we only had two de-commits in the class, one of which we seemed to initiate. Much less drama with flips, de-commits, etc. then in recent years. The vast majority of guys never wavered after verbally committing. Wandale gave us a little scare for awhile, but all is forgiven!

Absolutely. Truly amazing that a 4-8 team can pull off this caliber of a recruiting class.
I think the 2nd half of our season also demonstrated to these recruits that once our 'tap dancing' is all in sync then we are tough to beat.
I'm trying to imagine the last time a 4-8 team had this kind of recruiting success. I won't figure that out, but my guess is someone on here will take a crack at it.

According to 247, FSU currently has the #14 class with a 5-7 record. We are #24 in their rankings.

Last edited:

And yet it was generally accepted that MR would have lost the majority of his high star recruits by finishing with less than 10 wins the year before. I say this not to bag on MR, but to illustrate the difference in the players targeted by the 2 staffs. Now, if NU turns in a couple 11 win seasons, i fully expect this staff to be able to recruit top 50 players, but i'm confident those recruits will have different priorities than how many follows they can get.

According to 247, FSU currently has the #14 class with a 5-7 record. We are #24 in their rankings.

Being in Tallahassee where there are 6 thousand 4 and 5 star recruits withing 6 feet of the campus, they should be in the top 10 every year no matter what their record is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back