• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 3-star DE Tate Wildeman is N (Iowa Legacy Recruit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I see where you're coming from, I actually appreciated the post by @N2FL. I think the congratulations posters' provide for new signees is awesome and I encourage it, but what good is 5 pages of the same thing? He was very respectful in the way he worded it, and wasn't just throwing his hands in the air upset over a us signing a 3-star guy early. In fact, I would argue his post was more about the highly-rated talent we are in on and our coaches strategy, more than it was of Tate and his ability. We are in on some big fish and only a couple spots.

Yes, recruits may read these boards and we should always be conscious of that, but that's not the board's purpose.

I agree there is a time and a place, but it felt timely and well-crafted for this time and place.

I too welcome Tate and trust the evaluations of our coaches. A good work ethic and football instincts/IQ can go a long way. Welcome aboard, kid.

I'm thinking a kid with enough brass to not even go on his legacy visit and verbal to the hated rival, will read a comment like this: 'He's a fine looking prospect, just not as good as several guys the Huskers are looking. JMPO.', and prepare to practice and play with an extended middle finger to show doubters he absolutely was the right choice.

Competitors love a doubter. Fuel for the fire.

It could be he's higher on the coaches board than some of the other prospects or it could be we know where we stand on a couple of those other guys. I don't know. But, I saw no problems with N2FL's comments. You can't win on this board, never be critical and your blind, be critical and it's inappropriate. Sheesh. Welcome aboard Tate!

This is all my opinion, but our staff is a lot more calculated than some give them credit for. First, i'm sure this kid is decently high on their board and they want him. But one of the things that people forget, is Parrella has one of the best "feels" for his board of anyone on this staff. Don't forget that while everyone was worried that Guy Thomas was taking visits elsewhere, and what to do if he flipped during the 3 day dead period after his visit to Louisville, that Parrella was telling everyone to relax and that we would be fine. Fast forward to now, where we have guys like Trout and other DL higher on our board, maybe we are in their "top 10" but not getting much traction with them? This is a way to let them know others want 'N' and to "put the squeeze" on some others.

Speculation, but Parrella knows how to control his board. And everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I don't think this staff would disagree with N2FL on where this guy sits to be honest, but maybe they know how much they are "behind" with guys higher on our board.

This is all my opinion, but our staff is a lot more calculated than some give them credit for. First, i'm sure this kid is decently high on their board and they want him. But one of the things that people forget, is Parrella has one of the best "feels" for his board of anyone on this staff. Don't forget that while everyone was worried that Guy Thomas was taking visits elsewhere, and what to do if he flipped during the 3 day dead period after his visit to Louisville, that Parrella was telling everyone to relax and that we would be fine. Fast forward to now, where we have guys like Trout and other DL higher on our board, maybe we are in their "top 10" but not getting much traction with them? This is a way to let them know others want 'N' and to "put the squeeze" on some others.

Speculation, but Parrella knows how to control his board. And everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I don't think this staff would disagree with N2FL on where this guy sits to be honest, but maybe they know how much they are "behind" with guys higher on our board.
Did any of the DL prospects from MO even make it to the spring game?

Looks like a good prospect to me. Look at him, look at his baby face he still has a lot of growing a maturing to do.

Just my two cents worth I do not see a problem with any of the comments n this thread.

Just give it some time. I am sure someone will step up with something inappropriate before long!!!

Being 6'5" 245 lbs. , and his dad being 2nd team all big ten. Great commit!!!GBR

Well there are plenty of 6'5" 245 guys out there. Lineage is great but sometimes over rated. That said, this coaching staff is great at evaluating talent and recruiting in general so I would never second guess them. N2FL simply said he thought there were guys higher on our board and with a supposedly small class it was a curious offer this early in the cycle. My initial thought was the same. However, the class size may be bigger than expected. The staff may be planning on taking more ends and outside backers than expected. Thought provoking comments don't need to be construed as negative especially when the poster doesn't have a history of being negative in general.

Well there are plenty of 6'5" 245 guys out there. Lineage is great but sometimes over rated. That said, this coaching staff is great at evaluating talent and recruiting in general so I would never second guess them. N2FL simply said he thought there were guys higher on our board and with a supposedly small class it was a curious offer this early in the cycle. My initial thought was the same. However, the class size may be bigger than expected. The staff may be planning on taking more ends and outside backers than expected. Thought provoking comments don't need to be construed as negative especially when the poster doesn't have a history of being negative in general.

Good post.
However, he ended up ranking him above a Nebraska kid. @N2FL has a long standing history of devaluing the locals.... or so we have been told. :Stirthepot:

While I see where you're coming from, I actually appreciated the post by @N2FL. I think the congratulations posters' provide for new signees is awesome and I encourage it, but what good is 5 pages of the same thing? He was very respectful in the way he worded it, and wasn't just throwing his hands in the air upset over a us signing a 3-star guy early. In fact, I would argue his post was more about the highly-rated talent we are in on and our coaches strategy, more than it was of Tate and his ability. We are in on some big fish and only a couple spots.

Yes, recruits may read these boards and we should always be conscious of that, but that's not the board's purpose.

I agree there is a time and a place, but it felt timely and well-crafted for this time and place.

I too welcome Tate and trust the evaluations of our coaches. A good work ethic and football instincts/IQ can go a long way. Welcome aboard, kid.

:Cheers:

This is great news. Tate played on my son's baseball team a bunch of years ago. A very gifted athlete and a heck of a pitcher back in the day. A close friend of his families told my wife that he was thrilled with the Iowa offer since his Dad played there but was waiting to see if CU offers. So, guess we will have to wait to see what happens if CU finally does offer.
Great news though! Welcome aboard Tate!

Last edited:

I never meant anything negative to anybody, just said it was a good commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back