• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2AM better than number 5

No doubt, 2AM is awesome. Its hard to not speculate great things ahead for that kid. Perhaps should be at the top of this list. Perhaps some big time awards in his future. What I was surprised by even more this season was the number of other young QBs that were tearing it up besides just our boy. I wonder how much the various great QBs will push each other to greater things? Will this go down as the best class of QBs ever?

I am kinda liking 2AM. Better than AMart. I could see the fans and student section chanting 2..A..M, 2..A..M in the 4th qtr as he progresses through his career and we hold nice leads.

The reference to closing time just adds to it. Wonder if he personally would like it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-top-graded-true-freshman-quarterbacks

I guess Pro Football Focus measures purely on numbers but my thoughts after reading this were:

1. The Clemson QB benefited from having many weapons around him and an established system
2. The running game is not valued as highly
3. Martinez has the most upside and one of the 2 most likely to win the Heisman
4. AM is a natural leader and the Huskers needed more of him than just someone stepping in an established role
5. I wouldn't trade our guy for any of the others on this list.
Its actually not a bad list ... honestly to have that many freshmen to have that kind of success at P5 schools is impressive. Trevor Lawrence is the real deal. For him to be good enough to force Bryant to transfer is in and of itself impressive.

IMO the kid from ISU doesn't belong that high on this given the fact he shared snaps all season.

Its actually not a bad list ... honestly to have that many freshmen to have that kind of success at P5 schools is impressive. Trevor Lawrence is the real deal. For him to be good enough to force Bryant to transfer is in and of itself impressive.

IMO the kid from ISU doesn't belong that high on this given the fact he shared snaps all season.

Shared snaps all season? After Kempt went down, he replaced Noland in the lineup the next game and I believe he started every game after that. Noland only played in 5 games, although he did have some sub packages, IIRC.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...oversy-iowa-state-its-brock-purdy/1535376002/

“He played a couple plays against TCU. He watched Iowa State’s offense get whacked on the first series Saturday.

And after that, it was his team”

Last edited:

I would say he doesnt belong that high on the list because he is at ISU and therefore pretty much irrelevant.

Why does everyone always want to nickname someone? What is wrong with calling him Adrian Martinez or using his initials if you are too lazy to spell it out? Just saying.
For the record, I didn't claim to invent that nickname but if your panties are wadded because of it then maybe I will happily let you assume I made it up...isn't it his twitter handle or something?

For the record, I didn't claim to invent that nickname but if your panties are wadded because of it then maybe I will happily let you assume I made it up...isn't it his twitter handle or something?
Panties aren't in a wad......simply asking why people are making up a nickname. Evidently you didn't make it up and are choosing to go with it instead of calling him by his real name.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back