1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 QB Commit Logan Smothers advances to state finals in 60 meter dash

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by ShortSideOption, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

I loved the video! Although the face was different, the action looked very familiar. I have done roping from the tailgate of a pickup while Dad was driving over terraces. That can be exciting all on its own. But you are correct. Open field tagging should be a required class for all LBs and DBs. If you pass the class, no receiver or running back will ever get by you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    inthedeed likes this.
  2. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Recruit

If you have quickness, you can probably also do something in the open field to avoid being caught from behind.
    When Martinez was young and healthy, I've never seen a quicker burst of straight-ahead speed. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought so because there were some sports shows at the time that tried to put numbers to it. I can't find the one I wanted, but here's another:

Lurker44, Bean and Farmer Jake like this.
  3. inthedeed

inthedeed Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Martinez made safeties cry

Farmer Jake likes this.
  4. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

This is my kind of roping:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Bean and Farmer Jake like this.
  5. Native

Native ToungeInCheek since 2010 5 Year Member

Boring! #weaksauce

Farmer Jake likes this.
  6. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Besides the honeybee, cows are the most lethal animal in America. I'll take "boring" over getting ground-gored by a p'd off bovine mama.

Farmer Jake likes this.
  7. Huskerwisdom

Huskerwisdom Recruit

he's run an 11.01 before, so you're pretty close. That good of a 60 time means acceleration to me ;)

8. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

Even though there were times this would not have worked for me, I would have loved having this. Good stuff.

9. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

Not getting hit by 1500 lbs. of a protective mama cow is the kind of boring I can live with (literally). :nod:

10. Trapped in Iowa

Trapped in Iowa Deadite 5 Year Member

Havent lived till you've done a headfirst dive into a calving hut 6" in front of mama trying to end you

11. dparks

dparks Travel Squad 15 Year Member

He was blazing.....then he suffered that, I believe, ankle injury and he was never the same. He, IMO, was/is vastly under appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. BARNUM is back

BARNUM is back Son of NUM

I was a huge taylor fan boy - that 2010 KSU night game in Manhattan was the absolute tip-top for him. Big time stage - and he was unbelievably explosive that night - had me thinking Heisman

Also the postgame interview gave us two wonderful Schick and nick show drops - "I spat" and "I like playing against road games"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019 at 9:44 AM
  13. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

Now that is a description of "applied quickness"! Keeps the adrenaline flowing, doesn't it?

14. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

A guy who went to high school with me was being ground into the ground by an upset cow when he tagged her calf. He only survived because he was able to roll on the ground and get under a nearby barbwire fence.

15. Farmer Jake

Farmer Jake Recruit

That is sobering. I'm glad that situation turned out better than it might have.