• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Team Leadership: Captains, Unity Council, etc.

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
Captains first - does the staff choose year-long captains, or will they be per game? Or - maybe the staff doesn't choose them, but the Unity Council does? Which players do you think are trending for official or unofficial leadership spots on this young team?

Unity Council. Scott had made the statement that they would not create a Unity Council until year two when the culture was more fully in place. Has anyone heard or read anything about it this year? With over 2/3 of our roster flipped, and so, so many underclassmen in positions of responsibility - how does the staff go about determining internal (player) leadership? Do they bring in the ex-military guys for another leadership training experience?

I realize it's way too early to have any real knowledge in these areas, but heck, Athlon has us rated at #19 pre-season, too! :wow:

Last edited:

Permanent Captains selected by team...game-by-game might be OK for one of the spots.

Unity Counsel would be a good thing to see. Ex-military guys...OK, if SF thinks we still need it.

Permanent Captains selected by team...game-by-game might be OK for one of the spots.

Unity Counsel would be a good thing to see. Ex-military guys...OK, if SF thinks we still need it.

That will make it a very small unity council since NU probably has 1-2 players who fit that description. :)

I think they bring back the unity council, but not certain it will be in year 2. I know SF said "when the culture was better", but i didn't hear a definite time frame.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back