• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 OT Enokk Vimahi

BigRedDave

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...ive-2019-ot-enokk-vimahi-talks-offer-nebraska

"
The offers from BYU, Hawaii and Fresno State made sense to 2019 offensive tackle Enokk Vimahi.

They’re all Western schools that could visit him relatively easily, and that he could visit fairly easily.

But when Vimahi was offered by Nebraska on Feb. 11? A school nearly 4,000 miles away? That caught Vimahi off guard.

“We had heard from a few sources that Nebraska was interested so we ended up contacting them,” Vimahi said, “and (offensive line) coach (Mike) Cavanaugh just told my dad, he was talking to him, and coach told him he wanted to offer me to Nebraska.”

“That was actually pretty surprising for me,” Vimahi said. “I never expected to get an offer from a Big Ten school.”

Vimahi does not currently have a star rating but is a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle from Kahuku, Hawaii. He’s the first offensive tackle in the 2019 class to get an offer from Nebraska.

Vimahi does not have any connections — at least that he knows of — to Nebraska.

“I only know that coach Cavanaugh used to coach here at Hawaii and at Oregon State, so he has a lot of ties here,” Vimahi said.

Cavanaugh was the offensive line coach at Hawaii from 1999 to 2004, before he joined coach Mike Riley at Oregon State.

Vimahi now has a newfound interest in Nebraska and has been reading more about the Huskers online. He’s also been watching some of Nebraska’s film to see how he thinks he’d fit into the offense.

The three main things he’s looking for in college: a good environment, a strong business school and a solid fit on the field."

Hard to tell what the competition is like but this kid seems strong with quick feet especially for someone so young.
Riley and company are working hard finding these kids. Can't complain about the consistent recruiting effort.

Kahuku is about a rural as you can get on the island of Oahu. Don't know whether they play the better known city schools such as St. Louis, Kamehameha, Punahou, etc.

Kahuku is about a rural as you can get on the island of Oahu. Don't know whether they play the better known city schools such as St. Louis, Kamehameha, Punahou, etc.

Only 2 losses on 2016 schedule (finished 11-2):
9/17 Bishop Gorman loss 35-7
11/19 St. Louis loss 30-14

Last edited:
Rural maybe, but just around the corner from the North Shore and only about 30 minutes from Haleiwa Joe's original restaurant. Gems can be found everywhere.

If I was a recruit now-a-days i'd release a top 130 that included stuff like Doane and Wesleyan with FBS schools then say "subject to change, no interviews please, respect my decision."

I'd create a matching game between my top 7 flavors of ice-cream and the schools in which I was interested. Post pictures of double scoops of multiple flavors and just blow people's minds.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back