• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 New Offers Going Out

6'4", 285 Trevon Mason playing DT at Navarro College

I'm interested where Nebraska is recruiting him, as a DT or OL? Some schools are toying with the idea of moving him to offense. This past June, Mason camped at TCU and did drills as an o-lineman and d-lineman. He performed well at both, but TCU came away liking his potential on offense more. He is really athletic for his size. He measured in at 6-foot-6 and 312-pounds at the camp and ran a 5.1 40 at that size.

I'm interested where Nebraska is recruiting him, as a DT or OL? Some schools are toying with the idea of moving him to offense. This past June, Mason camped at TCU and did drills as an o-lineman and d-lineman. He performed well at both, but TCU came away liking his potential on offense more. He is really athletic for his size. He measured in at 6-foot-6 and 312-pounds at the camp and ran a 5.1 40 at that size.
My answer..."Yes, please."

Anybody remember the name Tony Wallace? He's a guy that former DB coach Donte Williams tried to get to flip to Nebraska in the 2017 class when he was hired in December of '16.

Well Wallace signed with Arizona but transferred to Independence CC this past summer and just got an offer from Ryan Held and Nebraska.

Nebraska could really use at least one juco CB and safety and moving forward, IMPO, Wallace and juco safety Markquese Bell should be priority targets.

Anybody remember the name Tony Wallace? He's a guy that former DB coach Donte Williams tried to get to flip to Nebraska in the 2017 class when he was hired in December of '16.

Well Wallace signed with Arizona but transferred to Independence CC this past summer and just got an offer from Ryan Held and Nebraska.

Nebraska could really use at least one juco CB and safety and moving forward, IMPO, Wallace and juco safety Markquese Bell should be priority targets.
I remember the name. Didn't know that he ended up in Independence. The fact that Independence held a practice in the Nebraska facilities last Friday can only help with the connection between the staff and Wallace.

Personally, I think Nebraska should go after a juco WR in this class - if it's the right guy, of course - especially with a class that could reach 30 if enough guys worthy want in.

JaVonte Richardson is a juco WR at IWCC. He was a four-star recruit in the '17 class out of Ohio who signed with Kentucky (Vince Marrow, of course) but grades caused him to leave the Wildcats this past January and go the juco route. Free article on 247 says Frost is keeping tabs on him. I think they're keeping an eye to make sure he'll qualify. He can't sign in December unless he returns to Kentucky (a possibility), thus he'd be a summer arrival like Woodyard was, but he'd be a 3 to play 3 guy because he redshirted at Kentucky.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...chool-product-has-a-lot-of-talent--123771395/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back