• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 New Offers Going Out

6'3", 194 JUCO S from Coffeyville, KS...went to Maryland out high school (NJ)

https://247sports.com/Player/Markquese-Bell-85399/

I think we've been expecting another wave of juco offers for a couple reasons. First, with the way this season has gone this staff really wants to flip this roster. With more upcoming attrition at the end of the season, this staff could be signing a class of 25-28 or more. They aren't going to sacrifice the future and hand out scholarships to guys like Mason Wald or Micah Kreikemeier, but with someone like Ryan Held you can hit the juco market harder, which I think is a great idea. If you miss, those kids only take up a roster spot/scholarship for two years instead of 4-5. I think a guy like Held will do a great job of finding kids who will help plug some roster holes.

This is right around the time you'll see more and more teams making juco offers. Guys have a few games of tape for coaches to evaluate and D1 teams are starting to get a better idea of some of their roster holes. First year coaches like Frost definitely fall into the latter category.

On a side note, I really, really like this offer. Markquese Bell is a kid I liked a lot coming out of high school. Played in the 2017 Under Armour All-America Game and had offers from schools like Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Michigan and Penn State. Plays a position of need, obviously. Nebraska is the first team to offer him as a juco and it's good to be able to get a headstart with him because he'll be a hot commodity soon. Bell is a December grad and is a 3-for-3 guy.

6'5", 290 Keenan Walker--Playing OT at Independence CC

He and his team just practiced in Lincoln.

Last edited:

6'5", 290 Keenan Walker--Playing OT at Independence CC

He and his team just practiced in Lincoln.

Four-star recruit and an Under Armour All-American coming out of HS in the '15 class. Actually one of the highest rated prospects to sign with Arizona in the last 15-20 years. Suffered a knee injury during his senior year and grayshirted. Joined Arizona in the spring of 2016. That summer, he had some legal trouble after getting arrested and charged with assault and disorderly conduct after an incident with a bouncer outside of a nightclub. He redshirted in 2016 then left Arizona in the spring of '17, ending up at Independence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back