• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

That and MR never offered Williams. By the time SF offered it was too late, especially since he was a transplant. How did that Mapieu offer work out for us?
Exactly. That is what will help us now, a NU coach who actually goes after NU talent right away. Don't get me wrong, Bo could recruit ok and Riley really got some good recruits (too bad his staff couldn't, for the most part, develop them...yes, O-Line, looking at you!) but I am sick and tired of playing teams that have former NE kids kicking our butts that did not get pursued hard or not until the 11th hour by NU. (Iowa had quite a few of these NE kids).

If they don't go to NU, at least it will not be because the staff didn't pursue them!!

I’ve never heard anything about iowa or texass from either, but as a lifelong Omaha resident, I see far too much hawkeye marketing material on vehicles around here. In my tiny office of 11, we have 2 Iowans, 1 jayhawk (who pulls for NU), 1 doesn’t care about football? And 8 True Huskers
Provide counseling for the Iowa and Jayhawk fans.As a good supervisor,you owe them that.Lol.

So true. Ditch chickens...can someone re-create an Iowa helmet with a wretched looking pheasant?
upload_2018-2-13_8-14-3.jpeg

I'm thankful we have the location advantage over schools for top-tier players for once. I welcome the challenge. Barrett has been at the school basically every Friday. They are a priority. Freaking Chris HIckman in this offense would be an absolute beast. If they choose to go elsewhere we will be fine.

I don't have a problem with these guys going to different schools if that is their choice, but they are trying to get these guys and that is important and they know that SF and Nebraska really wants them to come be a part of things. Unlike in the past when some instate kids were not even offered.

I do think Hickman will definitely see that he fits very well into what Nebraska is going to be doing on offense.

Maybe this is a positive where peer pressure comes into play.. expectations are trending up for us and with the state rallying behind the program, I'm sure the students will do their best to nudge these boys in the right direction as well... and the right direction is straight down the road to Lincoln

I'm confident Frost will land these two. But I'm perfectly OK with them going elsewhere if that's what they want. In-state or not, I only want recruits who want to be here.

How have any of the offers worked out for us?

Williams was never coming here anyway, IMO.
I beg to differ. If he had been offered early he would've been a Husker. He seems like a high character guy who wouldn't back out of his prior commitment. But if he had a Husker offer, he never would've committed to wiscy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back