• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

He has a lot of Crystal Ball picks for ND that's true, but I wouldn't call this a done deal by any stretch. Ruud and company are continuing to build a relationship with this young man.

He has a lot of Crystal Ball picks for ND that's true, but I wouldn't call this a done deal by any stretch. Ruud and company are continuing to build a relationship with this young man.
Aren’t those guys picking early because he’s a big ND fan? Can’t remember for sure, but he’s got some OVs that will certainly make him think. 2018 is big for Kelly’s job too.

Aren’t those guys picking early because he’s a big ND fan? Can’t remember for sure, but he’s got some OVs that will certainly make him think. 2018 is big for Kelly’s job too.
This post brings me back to my point of if I have a kid that is as good as Henrich, he’s never signing a NLI. I’m not binding myself to the school, especially Notre Dame if they struggle. Can’t really get away with that as a 2 or 3 Star. But if I have my pick of colleges, I’m not signing that thing.

This post brings me back to my point of if I have a kid that is as good as Henrich, he’s never signing a NLI. I’m not binding myself to the school, especially Notre Dame if they struggle. Can’t really get away with that as a 2 or 3 Star. But if I have my pick of colleges, I’m not signing that thing.
What benefit does that provide? Does it make transferring easier?

The problem legally with this I believe. Is that The letter of intent is the pseudo "contract" that allows the school to give you financial assistance. If you do not sign it. Not sure the school will give you the schollie.
Ok, here's the deal...I don't know either and I also don't care enough about it to look it up. I didn't post an opinion, only a link to be helpful to someone who asked a question. You might be right about the financial aid part but I highly doubt it. As long as the NCAA permits payments, I'm pretty sure that their are other ways (contracts, or other) to allow those payments. But, I really don't want to discuss further...so I won't.

Last edited:

The problem legally with this I believe. Is that The letter of intent is the pseudo "contract" that allows the school to give you financial assistance. If you do not sign it. Not sure the school will give you the schollie.

I think he can sign his financial aid at any time down the road. If you’re Ethan piper, you sign it. If you’re Henrich, you will find a team that will find the schollie for you. I’m not having a kid with ***, though, so I may be a little off on that.

Ok, here's the deal...I don't know either and I also don't care enough about it to look it up. I didn't post an opinion, only a link to be helpful to someone who asked a question, You might be right about the financial aid part but I highly doubt it. As long as the NCAA permits payments, I'm pretty sure that their are other ways (contracts, or other) to allow those payments. But, I really don't want to discuss further...so I won't.

Sometimes it’s better just to say nothing.

We all eat, sleep, breathe the Huskers but that doesn't mean everybody living in the State does and there's nothing wrong with that. I live in Boulder, CO and if I had a four star son I'm sure he would have been no more likely to go to CU than anywhere else.

If Nebraska fans wanted to be sure to have a special tug on all these kids, we shouldn't have let our program fall apart in the first place. It's not on Henrich if he didn't grow up a huge NU fan.

If I was his age I for sure wouldn't be as big a fan as I am. When I was in junior high the huskers won 2 national championships. All the huskers have been in his lifetime is a place for failing coaches.

Once Frost gets this puppy rolling again in the next few years we won't lose kids like this, but it won't surprise me if we lose any right now.

Great school, great place, gonna be a great team again soon. I can see it. I hope he goes to NU. But if he chooses not to, I sincerely wish him good luck.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back