• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I kind of wondered why Henrich and Hickman had not accepted the NU offers. It seems as though they are not big NU fans, but are more Iowa fans. I am starting to get the feeling that we will not get either one. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Last edited:

Someone posted elsewhere in another recruiting thread that one of the Burke kid's parents are Hawkeye & ISU alumni. The other kid's family was reportedly from Austin (assume Texas).

I’m not too worried about it. Frost doesn’t seem to have problems finding 4 Stars who want to be Huskers. If they want to be ditch chickens, I-80 has a nice long ditch.

I’m not too worried about it. Frost doesn’t seem to have problems finding 4 Stars who want to be Huskers. If they want to be ditch chickens, I-80 has a nice long ditch.

So true. Ditch chickens...can someone re-create an Iowa helmet with a wretched looking pheasant?

If we want kids from other states to consider Nebraska and not just their in-state school(s), you have to respect these kids for considering their options as well.

I know Nebraska is a different place where kids grow up dreaming of wearing that N, but it’s a different time now.

Let’s see what kind of progress the staff can make with these kids. They may not have big red in their blood, but them being an hour away from north stadium gives us a leg up in how frequently we can get coaches in front of them.

Last edited:
If we want kids from other states to consider Nebraska and not just their in-state school(s), you have to respect these kids for considering their options as well.

I know Nebraska is a different place where kids grow up dreaming of wearing that N, but it’s a different time now.

Let’s see what kind of progress the staff can make with these kids. They may not have big red in their blood, but them being an hour away from north stadium gives us a leg up in how frequently we can get coaches in front of them.
Not to mention that thanks to a few very intelligent business minded nebraskans. Omaha has attracted skilled workers from not only all over the United States but all over the world. Thus there will be people who grow up in NE now. Who have family loyalty elsewhere. Growing up in Cali did not make my kids USC fans. Growing up in MD is not making my Grandson a Terps fan. (as if there are any in football)

Part of making the State a great job market is that you will lose that automatic loyalties. Now the further you get away from Omaha the more loyal to the state school you will find kids. Not a lot of kids from Hastings/Grand Island west that pass up in state schollies.

I’ve never heard anything about iowa or texass from either, but as a lifelong Omaha resident, I see far too much hawkeye marketing material on vehicles around here. In my tiny office of 11, we have 2 Iowans, 1 jayhawk (who pulls for NU), 1 doesn’t care about football? And 8 True Huskers

It definitely is a different time...but these are not kids who really "grew up" here but are transplants, which seems to be more common in the Omaha area (Williams, who went to Wisky is another example). If these two were born and raised in Nebraska, it would be a 90% (or higher) that they BOTH N....but they are not....I still like our chances with a full year but still doubt we get both. I think we are more likely to get Hickman than the other, if we get either. JMO

Last edited:
If the father of one went to Iowa, it would be easy to see his son going there. I certainly don’t think either guy is a big Husker fan from childhood or something. They will both be tough to get to Nebraska considering all the factors involved.

It definitely is a different time...but these are not kids who really "grew up" here but are transplants, which seems to be more common in the Omaha area (Williams, who went to Wisky is another example). If these two were born and raised in Nebraska, it would be a 90% (or higher) that they BOTH N....but they are not....I still like our chances with a full year but still doubt we get both. I think we are more likely to get Hickman than the other, if we get either. JMO

That and MR never offered Williams. By the time SF offered it was too late, especially since he was a transplant. How did that Mapieu offer work out for us?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back