• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

I have heard that Henrich's commitment and how it was received by the staff and fans etc really made an impression on him.
I can understand that Hickman is among a generation that has never viewed Husker football or seen Husker football the way many of us 'old timers' have viewed or seen Husker football.
Seriously, I would shut it all down in a heartbeat if SF offered me just a walk-on shot even if I was the #1 ranked player in the nation and every hot team in the country were sittin in my lap. That's very stupid and crazy to think I would do that, but that's how crazy I am about the Huskers whether I like it or not.
Unfortunately there's a mass generation of Nebraska kids out there who will never come close to feeling what I feel for the Huskers.
So to see a Nebraska kid only consider a Husker offer among all the others out there is a difficult reality for me to accept.

I can understand that Hickman is among a generation that has never viewed Husker football or seen Husker football the way many of us 'old timers' have viewed or seen Husker football.
Seriously, I would shut it all down in a heartbeat if SF offered me just a walk-on shot even if I was the #1 ranked player in the nation and every hot team in the country were sittin in my lap. That's very stupid and crazy to think I would do that, but that's how crazy I am about the Huskers whether I like it or not.
Unfortunately there's a mass generation of Nebraska kids out there who will never come close to feeling what I feel for the Huskers.
So to see a Nebraska kid only consider a Husker offer among all the others out there is a difficult reality for me to accept.
I get that completely and my 10 year old feels the same way you do.

Wasn't there an article about the H brothers.(My nickname for them) That neither one grow up NE fans because there families are from elsewhere? Which is why both Heinrich and Hickman were not automatic.

Nebraska 247 is reporting that the Hickman visit went extremely well for both Hickman and the people who attended the visit with him. I can’t link to it because it’s a premium item on the site. It appears that Oregon and LSU are the other contenders, with Iowa and Wisconsin fading from the competition.

The fact that LSU is in the mix surprises me a little because Ed Oregeron’s future there is a little uncertain.

Another factor that weighs heavily in Nebraska’s favor is that the excitement and energy garnered from the Henrich commitment made a big impression on young Hickman.

Hickman’s mother had an interesting tweet following the visit.

Nebraska 247 is reporting that the Hickman visit went extremely well for both Hickman and the people who attended the visit with him. I can’t link to it because it’s a premium item on the site. It appears that Oregon and LSU are the other contenders, with Iowa and Wisconsin fading from the competition.

The fact that LSU is in the mix surprises me a little because Ed Oregeron’s future there is a little uncertain.

Another factor that weighs heavily in Nebraska’s favor is that the excitement and energy garnered from the Henrich commitment made a big impression on young Hickman.

Hickman’s mother had an interesting tweet following the visit.

I really like this. Mom letting people know her son is not a bragger.

Was listening to Mike Schaefer podcast from this AM on the Nick Bahe Show

He made the statement that he thinks Chris Hickman will commit to Nebraska by the end of the month. He went on to say that in July he DID NOT think Nebraska was where he would end up . However, after his visit at the end of July Nebraska has put themselves way up there. Some of the other programs are not recruiting him as hard so why waste his time? He likes what he has seen from the excitement of the fan base and the way they reacted to Nick Henrich committing. So he has him on commit watch.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back