• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 3-Star Taiwan Mullen CB From Florida

Any idea what went wrong? Seemed like we were well-positioned and certainly didn't expect to lose out to a someone like IU.

Maybe the game cancellation ruined it for him.
I only heard the tail end of Bryan Munson on KOZN today, but from what I did hear, it did sound like we cooled on him. Might have been a size issue.

N2FL, how much of a drop between Wright and Mullen? Are they comparable or is Mullen clearly a better prospect?

I think Mullen was their top guy to be honest. They'd been recruiting him since their UCF days.

I still think Wright ends up at safety, not corner. It's unfortunate they lost out on Mullen, no doubt. Dudes a four-star talent and an Army All-American. CB is probably your weakest roster spot. Guys with his resume would be a welcome addition and he'd probably have pushed for immediate playing time.

I think Mullen was their top guy to be honest. They'd been recruiting him since their UCF days.

I still think Wright ends up at safety, not corner. It's unfortunate they lost out on Mullen, no doubt. Dudes a four-star talent and an Army All-American. CB is probably your weakest roster spot. Guys with his resume would be a welcome addition and he'd probably have pushed for immediate playing time.
They wont quit recruiting him though, strange things can happen towards the finish line.

These are the kind of recruiting setbacks that have defined Nebraska for the last 20 years. It's going to be a tough hill to climb if they can't reel these top guys in. I'm sure the staff has a plan B but they've got to be very disappointed.

I think he saw his competition at NU and decided he wanted to go where he could play immediately..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back