• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 3-Star Taiwan Mullen CB From Florida

How many DB's do you expect we take and is there a pecking order of who we are after?

I think they take around four: 3 corners and a safety. If the right guy wants in, I think they'd stretch that number. As for the pecking order, that's speculative. JMPO, but Mullen is their top guy based on what I said above. This staff has been recruiting him since they were at UCF - they offered him in January of 2017. He's being recruited by not only Travis Fisher, but Erik Chinander and Jovan DeWitt as well. Scott Frost is also heavily involved. They want this kid.

If by chance any you have NOT seen Mullen's recruiting video, I strongly suggest you take a look. This kid has speed to kill; he pre-snap scans an offense unlike most HS kids I've seen; his break on the ball is outstanding; his hips, vision and footwork are excellent and his hands are soft. Dude could play O, D and STs. And finally, here's a kid that likes to wrap up when he tackles. Very enjoyable watching him on the corner blitz. Only thing he needs when he gets to college is some meat on the frame.

Last edited:
No other CB on Nebraska's board has a better combination of talent (4*, US Army All- American) and mutual interest in each other. IMO Nebraska gets him, but it's no lock.

He’s a four star with an Army All American invite. There’s other options out there just as good, just none we are tracking as good with right now.

Edit: N2FL covered it

I think they take around four: 3 corners and a safety. If the right guy wants in, I think they'd stretch that number. As for the pecking order, that's speculative. JMPO, but Mullen is their top guy based on what I said above. This staff has been recruiting him since they were at UCF - they offered him in January of 2017. He's being recruited by not only Travis Fisher, but Erik Chinander and Jovan DeWitt as well. Scott Frost is also heavily involved. They want this kid.

If by chance any you have NOT seen Mullen's recruiting video, I strongly suggest you take a look. This kid has speed to kill; he pre-snap scans an offense unlike most HS kids I've seen; his break on the ball is outstanding; his hips, vision and footwork are excellent and his hands are soft. Dude could play O, D and STs. And finally, here's a kid that likes to wrap up when he tackles. Very enjoyable watching him on the corner blitz. Only thing he needs when he gets to college is some meat on the frame.

Thanks to all of you for the additional information. :thumbsup:

The media link doesn't work for me, I'm just posting a plain old link:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/6793063/Tiawan-Mullen

This is a must get.
Time to pull in the big guns
331614_v9_ba.jpg

and reel 'em in.

great closing speed, sure tackler, qb's can't make a mistake around him, great offer list. I like this one

The thing I noticed is that as a smaller man. He tackles low. If you are a smaller guy that is what you need to do. If you are small and you try to hit a guy in the chest he probably bounces off of you.

The thing I noticed is that as a smaller man. He tackles low. If you are a smaller guy that is what you need to do. If you are small and you try to hit a guy in the chest he probably bounces off of you.
Yep. It appears he has been coached up to understand that with his lack of mass, he wasn't going to knock anyone down simply by running into them. Fun kid to watch. Some great technique with a lot of natural instincts.

Yep. It appears he has been coached up to understand that with his lack of mass, he wasn't going to knock anyone down simply by running into them. Fun kid to watch. Some great technique with a lot of natural instincts.
Yep that is the way we coach our smaller kids in youth football. Saves a lot of injuries.

For people who don't know, his older brother is Trayvon Mullen who plays at Clemson and was one of the best corners in the 2016 class (ranked as the #18 player in the country by ESPN). He started 12 games last year as a true sophomore. Oh and they're both cousins with Lamar Jackson, so yeah, he has some nice bloodlines.

For people who don't know, his older brother is Trayvon Mullen who plays at Clemson and was one of the best corners in the 2016 class (ranked as the #18 player in the country by ESPN). He started 12 games last year as a true sophomore. Oh and they're both cousins with Lamar Jackson, so yeah, he has some nice bloodlines.
Lamar Jackson, the QB...not Lamar Jackson, the "will he get it figured out this year for NU' CB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back