• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 3-Star ATH Jamel Starks out of Georgia

The one thing I love about this board is the lack of generalizations about certain regions
I don't think they are generalizations as much as they are culture differences by locale. Cultures certainly vary across the country. New York city is different than west Texas is different than Georgia is different than Nebraska. differences happen.

I don't think they are generalizations as much as they are culture differences by locale. Cultures certainly vary across the country. New York city is different than west Texas is different than Georgia is different than Nebraska. differences happen.
However many people lok for an area that will remind them of home. That is the poi t.

The one thing I love about this board is the lack of generalizations about certain regions
Sure I gave generalizations but generalizations are just that, general. It does not mean that everyone is the same. But if you have ever taken a stats 101 course you will see that when dealing with generalizations, they seem to be good predictors, because they deal with large enough numbers. By me saying that x population does x it does not mean that any given person in the population does the same thing. But it does mean that if you take any one person out they are likely to do the same thing or if you take a sample from said population, the sample is likely to behave similar to the mean.

I live in South Georgia. Culturally it is not a terrible fit, but I would not go as far as saying it s a good fit. Now Alabama, and certain areas of SC and most of NC are much more similar. Texas is extremely similar to Nebraska. But not South Georgia. That is like saying Tallahassee is a nice town. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back