• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 World Cup

I was thinking the same thing, this just adds fuel to the fire, or should, I sorta felt like only a couple of them even cared and after watching how hard Bradley and Altidore played in MLS final for FC Toronto I got even more mad at the lack of energy from USA

Yup and yup

The former head of US Soccer bares the brunt of the blame for his poor decisions and a poor hire that led to the disaster

What concerns me is they elevated Gulati's Deputy into his job. Like Gulati not a futball guy. Never played, managed or worked in the front office at the professional level.

Only good thing is know where to go but up. Of course who they hire will be crucial

Last edited:
Kane had 3 and Stones 2 for England

First time since the World Cup winning year of 1966 that they have scored 4 or more goals in the World Cup

Russia came crashing back to earth with a 3-0 loss to Uruguay. Russia one of the pretenders in this Cup in my opinion

Spain lucked out with the last-minute goals in each group B match, allowing them to win the group, and face Russia in the 2nd round. Russia faced a hard reality today, and Spain should stumble their way into the quarters. Again, looking forward to those Group D matches tomorrow.

Spain lucked out with the last-minute goals in each group B match, allowing them to win the group, and face Russia in the 2nd round. Russia faced a hard reality today, and Spain should stumble their way into the quarters. Again, looking forward to those Group D matches tomorrow.

Yup and Yup on Spain.

Ronaldo probably should be sitting against Portugal. If the rule is that any blow to the head away from the ball is an automatic red, giving him a yellow was certainly protecting him for the next round.

Ronaldo probably should be sitting against Portugal. If the rule is that any blow to the head away from the ball is an automatic red, giving him a yellow was certainly protecting him for the next round.

You mean against Uruguay. :)

I saw it a different way. I did not think it was intentional. In addition, I thought the ref got the Iran PK wrong too. I thought the handball in the box was unintentional. If indeed it was intentional, as he ruled, then it should have been a straight red for a hand ball in the box. I was not overly impressed with the head official in the match.

You mean against Uruguay. :)

I saw it a different way. I did not think it was intentional. In addition, I thought the ref got the Iran PK wrong too. I thought the handball in the box was unintentional. If indeed it was intentional, as he ruled, then it should have been a straight red for a hand ball in the box. I was not overly impressed with the head official in the match.

I agree that it was not intentional; but, if your'e going to call it and the rule says blow to the head away from the ball is automatically red...well, Ronaldo was given a pass when others wouldn't have been.

Frankly, all of the antics take away from the game. Going down easy, getting in the refs face, saying "who me?" when you just committed an obvious foul. That is why I like Messi so much -- he's great, but just goes about his business without all the garbage.

And, yes, he is playing against Uruguay...at least I'm watching. :)

Argentina limps into the Round of 16

Going to be an interesting knockout round. Four or five teams I like a lot at this point. :)

We brought in a bunch of TVs yesterday and placed them throughout our factories in Mexico so our workers can watch the game this morning. From past experience, we know that if we don't go this route, the workers will not show up. Just praying our quality doesn't suffer today. :thumbsup:

Well, I hate being right about stuff when it involves my team sucking. But Germany clearly was not prepared and got what they deserve, as they have been lackluster for awhile.

Some might not believe this, but in a country like Germany, no matter past successes, Low might be let go. Understand that he might have won a World Cup, but he also just did something they have never done before, get knocked out in the 1st round, and let's be real....this group is not very good.

With no real striker, and leaving Wagner at home for Gomez, who even said i would pick Wagner and having what appeared to be no real plan other than pass it to Kimmich over and over and hope they do something down the right, this has been the worst German team I have seen since before Klinsmann took over

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back