• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 RPI Tracking

We have been consistently AVERAGE in the Erstad era.

We are 9-11 in the Big Ten tournament with 0 championships. 5 other teams have won the tourney. AVERAGE (at best).

We are 92-63 in regular season Big Ten games, with one regular season championship. 4 other teams have won a championship. This isn't MLB where that percentage would mean something, we are in a conference with perennial duds like Northwestern and PSU. AVERAGE

We have one NCAA tournament win. AVERAGE

I actually think Nebraska has several advantages and should expect to be ABOVE AVERAGE in Big Ten baseball. That isn't a statement I'd make for a lot of other sports.

If you are okay with consistently being average, then we probably shouldn't rock the boat. If you aspire to be better, I think changes need to be made -- especially given our trajectory as I think 2019 will make 2018 look like a walk in the park.

Sartori (Lincoln Southwest) and Divis (Lincoln Northeast) are doing well for Hutch this year. Both over .350 and 9/10 HRs. Logan wants the A&M offer but we need to get them back to Lincoln. We offered Divis a walk-on spot but the Hutch coach said he’d turn that into an SEC offer.

99% sure we are out of money right now for 2018 class but there will be some that frees up after the summer, I just dont know if these kids will wait that long.

We have been consistently AVERAGE in the Erstad era.

We are 9-11 in the Big Ten tournament with 0 championships. 5 other teams have won the tourney. AVERAGE (at best).

We are 92-63 in regular season Big Ten games, with one regular season championship. 4 other teams have won a championship. This isn't MLB where that percentage would mean something, we are in a conference with perennial duds like Northwestern and PSU. AVERAGE

We have one NCAA tournament win. AVERAGE

I actually think Nebraska has several advantages and should expect to be ABOVE AVERAGE in Big Ten baseball. That isn't a statement I'd make for a lot of other sports.

If you are okay with consistently being average, then we probably shouldn't rock the boat. If you aspire to be better, I think changes need to be made -- especially given our trajectory as I think 2019 will make 2018 look like a walk in the park.
Despite the skewed stats and opinions, I'm glad Moos came out and shut down this garbage. Major League teams and SEC schools disagree with the vocal minority. Nebraska fan gonna Nebraska fan.

I will be taking a page from Erstad and "letting people stir the fish bowl on their own", but luckily our head coach has the support of the only person it matters from so i'll bow out of these conversations from now on.

Last edited:

Despite the skewed stats and opinions, I'm glad Moos came out and shut down this garbage. Major League teams and SEC schools disagree with the vocal minority. Nebraska fan gonna Nebraska fan.

I will be taking a page from Erstad and "letting people stir the fish bowl on their own", but luckily our head coach has the support of the only person it matters from so i'll bow out of these conversations from now on.
You should continue to speak your piece.:Computer:

Last edited:
luckily our head coach has the support of the only person it matters from so i'll bow out of these conversations from now on.

Out of curiosity (as I truly don't know), has Moos said anything regarding Erstad in recent weeks?

Certainly, I would expect his support coming into the season. But are we guessing what he's thinking now?

Granted, I highly doubt Erstad will be fired after this season.

Moved up to 112th with the first win over Nevada. Probably would need the sweep of them to get back in the top100, so if anyone is holding their breath on that feel free to let me know so I can send a nurse over to give CPR.

Moved up to 112th with the first win over Nevada. Probably would need the sweep of them to get back in the top100, so if anyone is holding their breath on that feel free to let me know so I can send a nurse over to give CPR.

It could happen. Nevada is cold right now and probably not going to get into their bullpen over this series while they are in first place in their conference.

Actually, there were plenty of us here griping following last season (not just me). Even with the conference title. Because it was yet another thud in the postseason.

Certainly, there is no such thing as a bad conference title, but there should be some perspective. The Big Ten almost always is mediocre or worse. Last season, was no exception. No top 25 teams in the final poll. No teams advanced past the regionals. No teams finished higher than #34 (Indiana) in the RPI. Nebraska's RPI at 2017 season's end was #54. And that's pretty reasonable. So if roughly the 54th best team in the nation can win the Big Ten regular season crown, I'm not going to overly tout it.

Top 50 RPI:
2017: Indiana 34, Michigan 40, Maryland 44, (Nebraska 54)
2016: Ohio State 36, Michigan 38, Minnesota 50, (Nebraska 53)
2015: Illinois 12, Iowa 28, Maryland 31, Indiana 35, Ohio State 44, Nebraska 48
2014: Indiana 9, Nebraska 32
2013: Indiana 12, Nebraska 31, Illinois 36, Michigan St 42
2012: Purdue 16, (Nebraska 85)

Fact is, Nebraska's RPI in 2018 is highly likely to drop for the 5th consecutive season.

What I see is one season in seven years when Erstad won a regular season title. In a season where there were zero top 25 type teams in the Big Ten.

So, you're saying, when we excel, we are beating nobody!! ;)

Well... not a bad prediction, looked like a totally different team this weekend. So much so that you almost wish they had a couple weekday games. Unfortunately we have 6 days off and then face Maryland. I think they said Waldron was still touching 90 late into his start, Luis looked sharp, and for once we decided to help our pitching out every game scoring 30 runs in 3 games. Be interesting to see if we can actually do this against B1G teams or if we only want to do it when facing top100 RPI teams that aren't in conference.

I'm going to update RPI when Sunday games are over but as of now looks like we are 102nd.

Sitting 109th with #102 Maryland coming to town this weekend. We are 11th in the B1G and Maryland is 10th so really we can only leap-frog them. Have to have a ton of help up top and I don't think we can lose a series the rest of the way if we want to finish top 8 and make the tournament. It took 12 wins in 2017, 12 in 2016, and in 2015 we got into the tournament with 9 wins. It's going to take at least 10 I would think, which makes our task pretty difficult with Indiana and Illinois still on deck. Still sitting 213th in ERA and 143rd in BA. Pretty much what gets you sub .500. The Michigan State and Iowa series cancelling a game each hurts us quite a bit, and of course losing a series to Rutgers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back