• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

I know its unlikely but is anyone watching this Lopez kid pitch for the Royals today? He has so much movement on his fastball. He looks like he might be pretty good some day.

There is a lot of young talent on the field these days and it gives me a little hope.

Viloria called up from A ball because of Salvy's injury gets his first MLB hit with a 2-run double. :Cool:

Royals win 9-1.

Thats 5 in a row and 7 of 8.

More importantly, they are fun to watch again with their young guys playing well. Even Gordon looks better with the bat.

Blame me for Jorge Lopez losing his perfecto in the 9th. I was busy, and someone told me about what was going on, so I started watching on my phone as the Royals made the last out in the top of the 9th. It's all my fault.:Facepalm:

Last edited:

Blame me for Jorge Lopez losing his perfecto in the 9th. I was busy, and someone told me about what was going on, so I started watching on my phone as the Royals made the last out in the top of the 9th. It's all my fault.:Facepalm:
I had no idea that happened. The wife and I took a quick trip to the Mexican Riviera and I missed that outstanding performance. :eek:

I had no idea that happened. The wife and I took a quick trip to the Mexican Riviera and I missed that outstanding performance. :eek:

KC has actually stepped it up a bit in the past couple of weeks. Granted, it's September and some teams have thrown in the towel, but it looks like KC is still playing with a purpose.

KC has actually stepped it up a bit in the past couple of weeks. Granted, it's September and some teams have thrown in the towel, but it looks like KC is still playing with a purpose.
I am actually impressed with the younger guys on the team. The starting pitching from the rookies has been solid. The bats from the rookies are coming around. Mondesi looks like the player many were hoping he would be. If the 1st year players like O'Hearn, Dozier, Phillips, etc can make the improvement that Mondesi has, things will be looking up in 2019.

Last edited:
Another win last night. I can't get too down on this team. They'll still lose 100 games, but I respect the fact they haven't quit. It would have been pretty easy to just go through the motions after a terrible June-early August.

Edit:
There were a couple of plays the Twins made (or didn't make) last night that shows the Royals still have their heads in the game. The clip below is one of them.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/09/14/2486516583/1536890258801/asset_2500K.mp4

The other was a fly ball from Salvy that went into the gap. The rightfielder ran right over the ball, but made no effort in actually making a play. If it was any other player but Salvy, it would have been a triple, and had it been Mondesi or Whit, it could have been an inside the park homer.

Last edited:

These Royals continue to be fun to watch the last month or so.

Down 4-3 in the 9th, they win it on a Salvy grand slam 8-4.

Thats 4 walk off wins in their last 13 games.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone watched the game against Cincy last night, but it again showed why I'm really not bummed about this season. Mondesi hits what looked like a difficult, but make-able catch to left-center. Left fielder acts like he's afraid of the wall, completely misses the ball and Mondesi turns it into a triple. Then this happens.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/09/27/2505675783/1538007246153/asset_2500K.mp4

So Cincy's sloppy play, and Mondesi's hustle turns what should have been an out into an insurance run when the team is already up by four in a late-September game. It's not just Mondesi, it's everyone still playing like they are enjoying the game. There's a good core there (not as good as 2012-2013), but hopefully the positive attitudes and good play carry over into next season.

Last edited:

I don't know if anyone watched the game against Cincy last night, but it again showed why I'm really not bummed about this season. Mondesi hits what looked like a difficult, but make-able catch to left-center. Left fielder acts like he's afraid of the wall, completely misses the ball and Mondesi turns it into a triple. Then this happens.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/09/27/2505675783/1538007246153/asset_2500K.mp4

So Cincy's sloppy play, and Mondesi's hustle turns what should have been an out into an insurance run when the team is already up by four in a late-September game. It's not just Mondesi, it's everyone still playing like they are enjoying the game. There's a good core there (not as good as 2012-2013), but hopefully the positive attitudes and good play carry over into next season.
I am with you. The young players have given me hope for the future. Even Gordon seems re-energized by the young talent around him. Obviously there are still questions to answer and holes to fill but its not nearly as bleak as it looked back in July.

Salvy with a walk-off win last night. From the reaction of everyone on the team, you would have thought this was a key win in a divisional battle against Cleveland. With the way the team has been playing the past 6-8 weeks, and the excitement that seems to be overtaking the team, it makes me wonder if Yost is going to come back next season. Back at the beginning of this season, I had this pegged as his last with KC. I'm not so sure now.

Really seem to have received our share of good starts out of this young staff (and even Kennedy) in recent weeks. The relief is still very scary bad, but the Cal Eldred toughness that the announcers like to tout appears to have rubbed off on the starters. Helps that the schedule has softened, but since being finished off 0-7 in the season series with Tampa Bay on August 23, the team has played better all the way around (seven games over 0.500) Decent OBP and speed from Whit and Raul Jr. (A-berto) at top of lineup has been productive and AG, Salvy, Brohearn, and Dozier have been knocking them in.

I'd like to see some much better performance against the AL West as improvement goal for 2019. The 7-26 record this year is just awful. Two years ago, 10-24 against that division dashed chances for a third straight playoff run. Just no reason to be that far under water, even with the Astros and As having such strong seasons.

Go Royals and Go Big Red!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back