• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 Royals

4 hit game for Alex!

He has truly turned it on over the past couple of weeks! As have the Royals.

With winning 7 of their last 10, only the Yankees have won more over that span of games.

12-23 .... and you'd think "that sucks." But, the AL Central is pathetic! No team at .500 or better. This puts the Royals only five games out. Crazy!

Got home from a mini-vacation tonight and saw the Royals putting a whipping on the O's.:thumbsup:

AG continuing to do well, while taking what's given to him with the shift. First inning bomb, and two dinkers later. But those will favor the batting average and confidence. Was noting a decidedly lower K rate by him so far and the numbers back it up. Only whiffing 16.7% of the time this year versus 26.5%, 33.3%(!!!!) and 26.0% the prior three years. Before that, he was consistently in the 21%-22% range (still a lot but not out of sorts with rest of league). Not likely to remain this low, but shows commitment to adjust necessary to succeed (or at least quiet the "worst contract ever" chatter).

As frustrating as the Royals season is likely to be, imagine being an Orioles fan.

Last edited:
But, the AL Central is pathetic! No team at .500 or better. This puts the Royals only five games out. Crazy!

Even Cleveland Indians, sub .500. (1st place, 18W-19L)

Twins fan here. 2nd place, 16W-18L. Devastating injuries .... Buxton, Sano, Hughes, Santana. And tough schedules so far .... Yankees, Astros, Blue Jays, Angels, Cardinals, Indians

Last edited:

Royals getting demolished by the Tribe today 11-2.

Danny Duffy is just getting crushed this year.

So...this season kinda sucks. The only thing that could make this season enjoyable would be if Rex Hudler turned heel on broadcasts, and instead of his over-the-top accolades, he takes pot-shots at everyone. Sort of like Bob Uecker in Major League, without passing out. He hits that good buzzed, but not drunk level.

Going to Royals and Yankees this weekend!!! Sorry not there to root for Royals as Yankees have been my team for as long as I can remember

Royals lost their 5th straight today. Ugh. Whatever glimmer of hope there was a week ago quickly vanished.

I may at some point need to start a Phillies thread. Philadelphia won their 5th of their last 6 today. The NL East is a formidable division -- four of five teams above-.500. The NL Central is the other division that can boast this.

Nick Pivetta pitched a gem today. 1 ER in 7 innings with 11 K's. The Phillies have one helluva solid rotation. Nola, Pivetta, and Velasquez are three young studs. Add in the veteran, Arrieta, who has pitched well.

Odubel Herrera extended his consecutive games of reaching base to 42 games today. Hitting .357 on the season. Impressive!

Going to Royals and Yankees this weekend!!! Sorry not there to root for Royals as Yankees have been my team for as long as I can remember
d509d8948c9cd2469e205e0f9328e424.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back