• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 PF Chang offered - SDSU, SLCC, Mizzou

He can shoot the piss out of it which is what gives him the advantage over Arop in my opinion. But he ain't coming here.

I've only see him two games and I'm not exactly a scout, but he really lacked in physicality when I watched him. With his size and against his competition, he should be able to easily fight through screens, force himself inside, etc. I definitely don't think he's a lazy player, but he doesn't play with a high enough motor yet. He's still young so that may come, the ones who have it naturally though are at an advantage. That's one of the things I did like about Arop, I think he naturally had that. Again though, I'm not a scout, it could be just the select few games I watched him play.

He's a very skilled shooter, very natural stroke. I don't think he's just a sniper either, his game could develop into a lot like Andrew White's. Long, athletic enough, and can shoot the lights out. If this kid can get that motor going and get in the gym, get that strength, he could be a pretty good player. With that type of size, he's going to need to be a really good rebounder (like White). He gets plenty now but there's not a lot of height and skill to challenge him in Nebraska high school basketball.

Miles should recruit this kid hard. ***- I hope you are wrong in your analysis but I know you have heard/seen things to validate it. Hopefully Miles and his staff can change things around and win him over. We'll see.

I've only see him two games and I'm not exactly a scout, but he really lacked in physicality when I watched him. With his size and against his competition, he should be able to easily fight through screens, force himself inside, etc. I definitely don't think he's a lazy player, but he doesn't play with a high enough motor yet. He's still young so that may come, the ones who have it naturally though are at an advantage. That's one of the things I did like about Arop, I think he naturally had that. Again though, I'm not a scout, it could be just the select few games I watched him play.

He's a very skilled shooter, very natural stroke. I don't think he's just a sniper either, his game could develop into a lot like Andrew White's. Long, athletic enough, and can shoot the lights out. If this kid can get that motor going and get in the gym, get that strength, he could be a pretty good player. With that type of size, he's going to need to be a really good rebounder (like White). He gets plenty now but there's not a lot of height and skill to challenge him in Nebraska high school basketball.

Miles should recruit this kid hard. ***- I hope you are wrong in your analysis but I know you have heard/seen things to validate it. Hopefully Miles and his staff can change things around and win him over. We'll see.
That is the one thing i've always said Arop had on Chang, Arop isn't scared to mix it up and bang with people and get aggressive. Chang can be kind of "soft" for lack of a better term. But he would give Nebraska a valid outside threat in my opinion.

That is the one thing i've always said Arop had on Chang, Arop isn't scared to mix it up and bang with people and get aggressive. Chang can be kind of "soft" for lack of a better term. But he would give Nebraska a valid outside threat in my opinion.

I know you are connected locally, do you think a good year for the Huskers would at least get Chang to listen? I know it is a long shot, just curious.

I know you are connected locally, do you think a good year for the Huskers would at least get Chang to listen? I know it is a long shot, just curious.
Quite honestly, I think it was just the emotion of his friend getting his scholarship yanked. I think Nebraska made the uphill battle much steeper, but it will be interesting to see if Chang still takes more unofficial visits here. I suspect he will, if for no other reason than the fact that he will have friends at the Nebraska football game and he will want them to see him getting paraded around with the basketball guys. Chang is getting a lot of traction with some better basketball teams than Nebraska, and after what we did to his friend, i'm not sure he sees a lot of need to "help" Nebraska by going there. He can commit to Crayton if he wants to stay close to home and family and win, and not go to the school that kind of screwed over his friend.

Again, we could pull it off, but we should probably show some improvement this year to get it done. I also am not sudanese and am getting this stuff kind of "third hand" if you will, so besides me seeing the text convo where they were all going off on Miles, who knows. Could be like when I used to get mad at my parents then wake up the next day and forget it even happened.

Last edited:
reviving old thread:

Fingers crossed against all common sense...

Last edited:

Someone on another board says Washington....take it with a grain of salt.
That's his last offer that I heard of, and wouldn't be surprised if that's where he ends up. Would love to have him at UNL, but have a hard time seeing that happening.

I think that the reason I'm surprised when anything good happens to UNL Basketball is that I'm an experienced fan. :(

Last edited:

Will be interesting to see how he does at Washington. Another great NE high school prospect and Nebraska comes up empty.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back