• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 PF Chang offered - SDSU, SLCC, Mizzou

So Nebraska is back in on PF Chang (I am sorry I can't even type that without chuckling). What are the chances that he comes back to Nebraska? And if he does, does he make that big of an impact?

So Nebraska is back in on PF Chang (I am sorry I can't even type that without chuckling). What are the chances that he comes back to Nebraska? And if he does, does he make that big of an impact?
I changed the title after he went with Washington because it makes me laugh too. What impact can a guy make after missing a year of high school ball? I really don't know. There's enough parts at Nebraska that he could come in and redshirt with Heiman. That's a potentially solid core to add talent around.

When is the last time that a Nebraska recruiting class included two instate guys? I'm pretty sure it is Woolridge-Strickland (Boone doesn't count even though his dad played for Omaha Tech). Can I just say that I can't get excited for this? I've got Post Nebrasketball Season Trauma. Normally I'd be excited to pull in-state talent.

I feel like there is little hope for next season, even though they potentially have the most talented, experienced group to return in modern memory.

Last edited:
I changed the title after he went with Washington because it makes me laugh too. What impact can a guy make after missing a year of high school ball? I really don't know. There's enough parts at Nebraska that he could come in and redshirt with Heiman. That's a potentially solid core to add talent around.

When is the last time that a Nebraska recruiting class included two instate guys? I'm pretty sure it is Woolridge-Strickland (Boone doesn't count even though his dad played for Omaha Tech). Can I just say that I can't get excited for this? I've got Post Nebrasketball Season Trauma. Normally I'd be excited to pull in-state talent.

I feel like there is little hope for next season, even though they potentially have the most talented, experienced group to return in modern memory.

2002-03 with Jason Dourisseau, Wes Wilkinson, and Roy Enright? Andrew Drevo also transferred in that year (I think).

Last edited:
2002-03 with Jason Dourisseau, Wes Wilkinson, and Roy Enright? Andrew Drevo also transferred in that year (I think).
Yeah, you are probably right. Could use a transfer from Daum to pull a Drevo. :) Chang is somewhat like Dourisseau, Heiman has been compared to Wilkinson, we just need someone to play the part of Roy Enright.

I would like Ed Chang to end up at Nebraska, because both the program and he could use a big dose of redemption. Since Aguek Arop just signed with SD State, that might be hard for Ed to pass up. Not a bad top three for someone who didn't play last year.

Heard Robin Washut say this morning that he hasn't heard that Ed Chang has a commit-able offer from Nebraska right now. It could be an understanding with Michael Lewis, but an offer wasn't reported by anyone around Nebraska or Ed until now. Will be interesting to see. Now that I'm thinking about it, Washut said that Ed Chang went to prep school in Seattle last year, but he was scheduled to graduate this May in Papillion. So maybe it's fake news...?

Last edited:
Heard Robin Washut say this morning that he hasn't heard that Ed Chang has a commit-able offer from Nebraska right now. It could be an understanding with Michael Lewis, but an offer wasn't reported by anyone around Nebraska or Ed until now. Will be interesting to see. Now that I'm thinking about it, Washut said that Ed Chang went to prep school in Seattle last year, but he was scheduled to graduate this May in Papillion. So maybe it's fake news...?
I was wondering how many of his top had actually offered.

I was wondering how many of his top had actually offered.
From my count, Nebraska has one more scholarship that could go to Tanner Borchardt again if not assigned elsewhere. I don't think Nebraska is compelled/committed to give the scholarship to Borchardt again, and I think the rules on the Regent's Scholarship allow him to resume getting that as long as he doesn't play too much.

Yeah, he doesn’t have an offer yet. I’d be shocked if he actually got one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back