• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2018 O-Line home stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNUM is back

Son of NUM
5 Year Member
so many names i don't recognize, a ton of in-homes going on with lineman. as a matter of catharsis i'll try to sort it out and you can tell me what i've got wrong.

need: tackles, we need tackles

players by order of NU's priority - my guess

1. Jarrett Bell - visited 1-12 - tall, but all the recruiting services have him listed as a guard
  2. Blake McDonald - visiting next weekend, also listed as a guard by the recruiting services although he said this about his role at UCLA ""They said I'll play guard or tackle, right or left side," said McDonald." (how is that for narrowing it down) https://scout.com/college/football/...McDonald-Rock-Solid-in-Bruin-Verbal-107683288
  3. Hamilton Hall - visiting Feb 2nd - Tackle
  4. Nigel Brannon - visiting Feb 2nd - tackle - has been committed to Memphis since June
  5. Tyrone Sampson Jr - visit scheduled for feb 2nd but now canceled? - listed as a center
  6. Doug Johnson - visit canceled - Tackle
  7. Joshua Ezedu - no visit scheduled - Tackle

am i missing any? are we taking 1 or 2? are there any - "take regardless of spots left" players on that list?

Apparently Johnson and Ezedu are visiting this weekend.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_c01ca8cc-10cb-50fc-b606-7f0f17b21a1a.html
Joshua Ezeudu, 6-5, 305, OT, Archer High (Lawrenceville, Ga.): Fresh off a trip to North Carolina last weekend, the “Nigerian Nightmare” has 20-plus offers from the likes of Louisville, Missouri and Central Florida along with most Ivy League schools. A three-star lineman according to 247 and Rivals, he played mostly right tackle at Archer and showed good hands with a quick initial burst off the line on his film.
Doug Johnson, 6-6, 325, OT, Fort White (Fla.): Johnson’s stock has soared in recent weeks as coaching-change season has led to attention from more schools. Despite being unrated by 247 and ESPN (Rivals assigns him three stars), the big man owns more than a dozen quality offers from schools like Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Louisville and Utah.

As for Ezeudu it does not surprise me that he is eligible for Ivy league schools. A lot of Nigerians in my Church. They put a very high importance on education. At least the ones whose roots are in and around the cities. One family in my church for example. ( they are friends so I know them the best.) Has 4 kids. Oldest daughter, masters degree, second daughter is a pharmacist. Oldest son masters in business, Youngest son working towards his masters in Electrical engineering. Other families have lawyers, doctors etc.

link didn't work for me. if those two do really come in this weekend then it seems pretty clear that we'd be taking 2 OL, given the progress it looks like were making with Bell
Yeah, that is weird. The link to the story is on the HM front page, but the link no longer works. Maybe the OWH took the story down if the planned visits have now changed.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of zero OV's when there are only three weekends left. That presupposes that everyone they still want to bring in on OV's can get here either Jan. 26th or Feb. 2nd.
Better to focus your time on the road rather than at home with just a few OV's and save the OV's for bigger numbers? Just a guess on them trying to use their time efficiently.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of zero OV's when there are only three weekends left. That presupposes that everyone they still want to bring in on OV's can get here either Jan. 26th or Feb. 2nd.

I completely get what you're saying. In the end, it's best not to use an OVs on recruits just to say there were OVs on campus this weekend. Perhaps, these same recruits could come next weekend anyway. Who knows what the staff knows about other recruits at similar positions at this point, too.

I'm inclined to believe that if a player they really wanted couldn't make it on one of the other 2 weekends, they probably would have hosted him. As I've said before, we can learn a lot on the status of recruits by not only who visits, but who does not.

Well, the good news about zero OV's this weekend is that we all won't have to be checking the Internet every hour to see if anyone has committed. ;)

Nate Clouse just said on Sports Nightly that the OL recruits weren't brought in this weekend because Jarrett Bell is set to announce on Monday and things look really good for NU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back