• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

A number five seed means that we aren’t even in the top 16 of the NIT? That’s laughable. We have to travel to play a team that didn’t even finish in the top half of their conference? There really has to be some explaining from Rasmussen and the other NCAA officials about this.
Rasmussen needs to explain how teams with a losing record in their conference, such as from the ACC and the SEC can get in to the NCAA and keep winning teams out? How do you let a team that has completely collapsed in the last six weeks like Oklahoma in?
Really looks like the whole thing is rigged.
Oh stop. Rigged my ass. I dont like the OU or ASU selections at all but it is a committee making a subjective call. There is nothing in ASU's history that would warrant some benefit of doubt or rigging. Clearly the committee wasn't impressed by NUs resume. But we all knew that going in.

Even if ASU and OU get left out NU is still out.

Last edited:
There’s your motivation. That is flat out disrespectful. Nebraska has every reason to come out and crack skulls. We’ll see if they do.

...and Nebraska as a 5 seed in the NIT is laughable.
Without looking too far ahead, how is Baylor this year? Since you are the resident big 12 expert around here

While I don't think the big dance is rigged I wouldn't be surprise to find out that there are some shady dealings going on behind those close doors when it comes to the committee selecting the teams.

feels more like a sentencing than an invite... jeebus, even Pedophile State got a home game. :Puke:

how dare NU question the BBall establishment - banished as a 5 seed to travel to ESecPN purgatory.:Cautious:

I get the NU NCAA bubble debate/discussion... but this seeding sends a clear bathtub bubble statement from CBBall of "you don't belong, now go away"

complete BS

Last edited:

Fire a 20+ win coach at a program that has never been anything in basketball. Sounds like a genius plan.:wow:

You're correct the administration won't fire Miles after a 22 win season even though the quality of those wins was only good enough to be an NIT bubble team. Memphis is going to fire their 20+ win coach, though. Bet they'll be dancing before us. It'd be nice if the fan base and administration would raise expectations. But, as long as making the NIT is seen as a fantastic season this program will be mired in mediocrity.

You're correct the administration won't fire Miles after a 22 win season even though the quality of those wins was only good enough to be an NIT bubble team. Memphis is going to fire their 20+ win coach, though. Bet they'll be dancing before us. It'd be nice if the fan base and administration would raise expectations. But, as long as making the NIT is seen as a fantastic season this program will be mired in mediocrity.
Memphis actually has a basketball history though. They have naturally raised expectations. We are talking about a program that has made runs to 5 sweet 16s, 3 elite 8s, one final four and two championship appearances. Nebraska hasn't ever won an NCAA tournament game. Miles added 10 wins from the previous season and has earned the right to coach next year. If he is as bad as many believe, he will be gone soon enough

Last edited:

There is some merit to this post. Nebraska has to expect more from its basketball program. There’s nothing wrong with an occasional NIT bid if the NCAA appearances are there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back