• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

My b, thought you were referring to all the crap that's gone on here. Lots of hate for them out there right now.
I would never diss the kids of the teams. My bad also, if it came off that way. Just the teams themselves.... Kinda like not liking the Cowboys or the Yankees..... I gotta root against them.

What the heck does not liking the Cowboys have to do with hating America? I haven't liked them for over 40 years but I love my country.:Usflag:

Oh, and go Yankees. :Rockon: :Mfclap:
How can you say you love this country yet hate America's team?

Shameful. SHAMEFUL!!!

How can you say you love this country yet hate America's team?

Shameful. SHAMEFUL!!!

I have never called them America's team. What's shameful is that crap started after I already disliked them. Who the heck named them that anyway? The first time I heard that I just about :Puke:

My b, thought you were referring to all the crap that's gone on here. Lots of hate for them out there right now.
I wouldn't go so far as to say none of the players had anything to do with what was going on. This wasn't the first time Louisville/Petino bought a player. Bowen would be there right now if they hadn't been caught. I am sure at least some of the players on that team have taken money...no way Bowen would have been the only one.

I wouldn't go so far as to say none of the players had anything to do with what was going on. This wasn't the first time Louisville/Petino bought a player. Bowen would be there right now if they hadn't been caught. I am sure at least some of the players on that team have taken money...no way Bowen would have been the only one.
I don't think anybody on this, current team was involved. I'm not convinced that Pitino was involved, either. Now, am I saying that there isn't dirt? Nope, every program has dirt. Think about it though, this is UofL basketball. They're one of the elite programs, why would they need strippers or cash to attract players? Especially in Pitino's system. He's never been a Calipari style one and done. His system is incredibly complex and normally takes a kid a couple of seasons to understand and execute. He recruits players whom will be around for 3 or 4 years, always has. I really think he got set up with the Bowen deal. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

I don't think anybody on this, current team was involved. I'm not convinced that Pitino was involved, either. Now, am I saying that there isn't dirt? Nope, every program has dirt. Think about it though, this is UofL basketball. They're one of the elite programs, why would they need strippers or cash to attract players? Especially in Pitino's system. He's never been a Calipari style one and done. His system is incredibly complex and normally takes a kid a couple of seasons to understand and execute. He recruits players whom will be around for 3 or 4 years, always has. I really think he got set up with the Bowen deal. I guess we'll see.
It's hard to imagine NOBODY on this team was involved in any cheating...on the receiving end. He didn't just decide to start paying players with Bowen. That's a stretch.

With Bowen the BEST that could be said of Petino is that he was willfully ignorant. Bowen was one of the top recruits in the country. UL was NEVER in on him. His recruitment goes past signing day still with no UL involvement. Then one day a high profile 5* recruit visits and commits out of the blue? And Petino doesn't say "That's odd."?? No.

As for why? UL is trying to compete with the other cheaters...the Arizonas, UNCs, Kentucy, etc. Cheating at the highest level for the highest ranked recruits is par for the course and to think that he doesn't play the game, particularly after paying Bowen $50k or $100k or whatever it was is wishful thinking. The strippers, etc. That happened. Those kinds of things don't get past a H.C. who wants to run a clean program. Again, at BEST...willfull ignorance.

He is dirty. The program he ran is dirty. The program that Petrino runs is almost certainly dirty. And that AD didn't give a rat's ass as long as they were winning. And the NCAA doesn't give a rip. It took the FBI to finally bring Petino down...it will be a crime if Miller at AZ ever coaches again. And there are a bunch of other coaches just waiting for the hammer to drop.

It's hard to imagine NOBODY on this team was involved in any cheating...on the receiving end. He didn't just decide to start paying players with Bowen. That's a stretch.

With Bowen the BEST that could be said of Petino is that he was willfully ignorant. Bowen was one of the top recruits in the country. UL was NEVER in on him. His recruitment goes past signing day still with no UL involvement. Then one day a high profile 5* recruit visits and commits out of the blue? And Petino doesn't say "That's odd."?? No.

As for why? UL is trying to compete with the other cheaters...the Arizonas, UNCs, Kentucy, etc. Cheating at the highest level for the highest ranked recruits is par for the course and to think that he doesn't play the game, particularly after paying Bowen $50k or $100k or whatever it was is wishful thinking. The strippers, etc. That happened. Those kinds of things don't get past a H.C. who wants to run a clean program. Again, at BEST...willfull ignorance.

He is dirty. The program he ran is dirty. The program that Petrino runs is almost certainly dirty. And that AD didn't give a rat's ass as long as they were winning. And the NCAA doesn't give a rip. It took the FBI to finally bring Petino down...it will be a crime if Miller at AZ ever coaches again. And there are a bunch of other coaches just waiting for the hammer to drop.
I'll come back to this when I have a keyboard in front of me, Bils. My caveman thumbs don't werk on these virtual keyboards very well and this will take more than a few lines. Oh, and I have beer and whiskey. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back