• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018/19 WBB Schedule Announced

MWSWDDKNOQAMNKF.20180226055857.jpg

Coach Amy Williams and the Huskers will face a challenging 15-game home schedule at Pinnacle Bank Arena in 2018-19.

The Nebraska women’s basketball team unveiled its full season schedule on Tuesday, including a 15-game home slate at Pinnacle Bank Arena that features nine Big Ten Conference contests.

Overall, Nebraska’s 29-game regular-season schedule will feature 18 games against teams that qualified for postseason play in 2018, including 12 games against 2018 NCAA Tournament teams.

During the offseason, the Huskers have approached nearly a 100 percent renewal rate among their 2017-18 season ticket holders, and tickets for potential new season ticket holders will go on sale Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 10 a.m. (CT) through the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at Huskers.com or by calling 1-800-8-BIGRED.

Single-game reserved tickets for Nebraska’s 15 home contests at Pinnacle Bank Arena (14 regular season plus one exhibition) will be $15 per game, but new reserved season tickets can be purchased for just $150 - a savings of $75 over the single-game reserved ticket price for the season. Season tickets are also $20 less overall than a year ago, so there has never been a better time to become a new Nebraska women’s basketball season ticket holder.
The Huskers, who posted the nation’s top turnaround in 2017-18 in their second season under Big Ten Coach-of-the-Year Amy Williams, return four starters and each of their top five scorers from a team that went 21-11 overall and tied for third in the final Big Ten regular-season standings at 11-5. Nebraska advanced to the first round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament and ranked among the nation’s top-25 teams in average home attendance for the ninth consecutive season, attracting nearly 4,400 fans per game to Pinnacle Bank Arena.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle....33.913828296.1534889495-1147864791.1471041543

Coach Amy Williams:
“We are very excited to announce our schedule for the upcoming season. We have compiled a challenging non-conference schedule which we feel will help prepare us for Big Ten play. Husker fans are the greatest fans in the country, and we will lean heavily on them this season to support our team as we attack this challenging schedule.”

Nebraska will be challenged early and often at home and away in 2018-19. After an exhibition game (Nov. 3) against a Nebraska-Kearney team that produced 21 victories in 2017-18, the Huskers will tip off the regular season at home against 2018 NCAA Tournament qualifier and Missouri Valley Conference champion Drake on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Nebraska won a dramatic double-overtime thriller over the Bulldogs in Des Moines last December, before Drake reeled off 21 consecutive victories to earn an NCAA Tournament bid.

The game against Drake will be the first of four games against 2018 NCAA Tournament teams during an 11-game non-conference schedule, which also includes a road trip to NCAA Women’s Final Four participant Louisville on Thursday, Nov. 29, as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Is the Glass 'Half Full' or 'Half Empty' ? :Redface: A challenging schedule, and nearly half the team will be new to NU; But on the brighter side, :Koolaid2: We're returning Six very experienced players, all mainstays of last year's team: Maddie (Sr); Juniors Nicea, Hannah, & Grace; and Sophs Kate & Taylor. Sr transfer Kristian Hudson, should be experienced and transition quickly into the line-up. That leaves the four incoming freshmen, all highly acclaimed and by some accounts representing a top 20 class. No doubt we'll miss Jaz, Janay & Emily; but the one that really hurts is losing Rachel this year for medical reasons (knees). A healthy Rachel would have been a valuable addition to have in this (and next) year's line-up.

The schedule will be challenging, and we won't be catching anybody 'asleep;' But it seems that we had just as difficult early schedule during Coach Amy's first year when we had to play several former NIT teams.
No doubt there will be some hiccups, but if there is anything we do know it's that this team has Heart!
1f60d.png

Last edited:
Coach Amy Williams:

Is the Glass 'Half Full' or 'Half Empty' ? :Redface: A challenging schedule, and nearly half the team will be new to NU; But on the brighter side, :Koolaid2: We're returning Six very experienced players, all mainstays of last year's team: Maddie (Sr); Juniors Nicea, Hannah, & Grace; and Sophs Kate & Taylor. Sr transfer Kristian Hudson, should be experienced and transition quickly into the line-up. That leaves the four incoming freshmen, all highly acclaimed and by some accounts representing a top 20 class. No doubt we'll miss Jaz, Janay & Emily; but the one that really hurts is losing Rachel this year for medical reasons (knees). A healthy Rachel would have been a valuable addition to have in this year's line-up.

The schedule will be challenging, and we won't be catching anybody 'asleep;' But it seems that we had just as difficult early schedule during Coach Amy's first year when we had to play several former NIT teams.
No doubt there will be some hiccups, but if there is anything we do know it's that this team has Heart!
1f60d.png
Thanks Red for keeping things flowing in this forum. I check it regularly, but am not in a position to add much of value.

Thanks PC, tho I'm afraid I can't add a lot either except for what I read. It should be a really good season with plenty of excitement.

Hope you get to see some games. According to Moos, the renewal rate for WBB season tickets is about 98% (better than the MBB :eek:); and there are plenty of good seats. Because of last year's success I'm hoping we'll see more WBB games on broadcast TV this season, but I've had really good experiences live-streaming those games that are not on network TV (BTN Plus, subscription @ $10/mo (Dec thru Feb), plus they're in Hi Def).

Last edited:
I will start my BTNPlus a couple months earlier to get in more of volleyball as well. Otherwise, YouTubeTV is giving me all the sport channels I could ever want (including BTN) and allows me to set up recordings as well. Pretty sweet! And all on my big screen to boot. It's getting harder for me to find an excuse to get over to the watch parties now.

Thanks PC, Good to know about YouTubeTV. I may be scrambling to watch football since my Comcast has dropped BTN this year (not a real big loss as they only carried it in lo-def).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back