• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 Scholarship Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I thought we could have signed another one or two players in the last class. That concern was raised somewhat on the board.

On signing day we were at 85 scholarships, then Calvin signed with Washington State and we were down to 84. Five players have transferred/left since then (Simmons, K. Johnson, Alston, Hannon, and D. Johnson). We could easily lose another one or two before fall camp begins. K. Johnson and Alston are the two biggest loses depth-wise in my opinion.
So where are at regarding what the current class size will be?

So where are at regarding what the current class size will be?

At the moment, assuming Keyshawn does not come back in January, we could sign a maximum of 20. 11 graduating seniors plus 6 open scholarships = 17 openings. The BIG +3 allows us to sign up to 20. If Keyshawn does come back in January, then 19. So, the maximum is 19 or 20 depending on Keyshawn's January status.

Last edited:

Removed E. Blades and D. Watts from scholarship numbers. Leaving C. Jones as is, not changing him to redshirt until we hear an official word.

Nebraska is currently sitting at 77 known scholarships.

Currently the magic number stands at 22 for the 2018 recruiting class. 11 graduating seniors + 8 open scholarships + 3 B1G over-signing.

*The number could potentially drop down by 4 if B. Reimers and C. Conrad are placed on scholarship, K. Johnson returns for the spring semester, and C. Jones ends up redshirting.*

Notable changes: All freshmen have been assigned numbers. Joshua Kalu now wearing 46. Antonio Reed 25. Lamar Jackson 21. Conor Young 87. Ben Stille 50. Collin Miller 37. Spencer Jordan moved from FB to LB. Walk-on LB Jared Brugmann no longer listed on roster.

Notable changes: All freshmen have been assigned numbers. Joshua Kalu now wearing 46. Antonio Reed 25. Lamar Jackson 21. Conor Young 87. Ben Stille 50. Collin Miller 37. Spencer Jordan moved from FB to LB. Walk-on LB Jared Brugmann no longer listed on roster.
Seem that we have multiple players that are making an effort for a three digit jersey. 420

Added WR Cameron Brown as a commit for the 2018 class again. Added graduate transfer walk-on K Kramer Rath (Nebraska Wesleyan). Moved Tony Butler from S to CB. Moved Peyton Newell from DE to DT. Moved Ben Stille from LB to DE.

Conrad is the only junior as the others are seniors.

Interesting. I'm a little surprised by it. Thought Reimers would at least get a year one scholarship for the fall. He had 8 free scholarships, but only handed out 6.

Sounds like he might still hand out the other two. It'll be interesting what Coach Riley decides to do.

There are other guys who at this point are still under consideration,” Riley said. “There’s a big balancing act between earning it, deserving a scholarship, and the number we might have available for next year. There’s a lot of factors that go into this. These guys are guys who have done a great job in the program and have earned a scholarship.”

Last edited:

Interesting. I'm a little surprised by it. Thought Reimers would at least get a year one scholarship for the fall. He had 8 free scholarships, but only handed out 6.

Sounds like he might still hand out the other two. It'll be interesting what Coach Riley decides to do.
I agree. It will be interesting to see if the final two go to underclassmen if those will be only for a year.

Made a few updates. Damian Jackson moved from LB to DE. Jeremiah Stovall changed from 35 to 42.

5 senior walk-ons were awarded scholarships: WR Brett Classen, TE Tyler Hoppes, TE Connor Ketter, FB Luke McNitt, and WR Gabe Rahn. Plus 1 junior: OC Cole Conrad. 2 scholarships remain open at the moment.

Conrad's is the only scholarship that impacts the 2018 recruiting numbers. The number currently sits at 21 for 2018. 16 graduating seniors + 2 open scholarships + 3 B1G over-signing = 21.

Made a few updates to the roster. Marked a few freshman as playing (Lindsey, Thomas, Roberts, and Bradley). I don't remember seeing Bradley on the field during the NIU game, but he's listed on the participation list. Coach Riley mentioned that it was a possibility that Jaimes and/or Ward would play against Rutgers, we'll wait until Saturday or an official statement before changing those guys.

Added WR Chad Alioth, DB Bradley Bunner, and WR Johnny Richard to the walk-on list. All three earned a spot through tryouts at the beginning of fall. Moved Ethan Cox from WR to DB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back