• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 Scholarship Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to some posts on Twitter, Jackson is a former SEAL. Don't know if that's true or not but the dude looks fit enough to be running ops in the mountains of Afghanistan.

That's awesome if true! So is it probably safe to assume he's older than the typical 18-19 year old freshman? He definitely looks much older. I'd guess mid to early 20s?

Last edited:
That's awesome if true! So is it probably safe to assume he's older than the typical 18-19 year old freshman? He definitely looks much older. I'd guess mid to early 20s?
I think the way the "Eligibility clock" works now is that one year after your high school class graduates your clock starts for all sports except hockey and tennis. Not sure what that would mean if you got a GED.

EDIT: Found the following:

But a less-heralded addendum to the resolution was an alteration to the so-called delayed eligibility rule, which stipulates that an athlete has one year after graduating high school to enroll in college. After that grace period, the athlete must cease competing in a sport to preserve eligibility. Previously, the N.C.A.A.’s eligibility clock began at age 21. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/20/s...res-marines-eligibility-to-play-football.html"

Competition counts as any organized league, and it appears to be any sport. Military leagues DO NOT COUNT towards this type of competition.

Last edited:

Removed Zach Hannon from the roster. Hannon will grad transfer out of the program. Down to 82 scholarships with 3 open.

Added Manuel Allen WR, Brendan Radley-Hiles CB, Tate Wildeman DE, and Marquez Beason WR to the commit list.

Removed scholarship OT Dwayne Johnson. He didn't play in the spring game and is no longer listed on the roster. 4 open scholarships. Does not change the estimated budget for the 2018 recruiting class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back