• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

Wow, getting beat 11-3 by one of the worst teams in baseball says a lot. If the rest of the AL in the wildcard hunt wasn't just as mediocre I would call it for the Royals. Doesn't matter much...Cleveland is looking to win out.
We HAVE to have walked in the most runs in the MLB this year, perhaps the most in several years!

In the wildcard race and lose two of three to the White Sox? At home?

Might as well play Soler and Mondesi and see what they've got in the bigs.:Whiteflag:

Terrible series. Very disappointing results continuing an unfortunate trend...it's like all the starters forgot how to pitch after the All-Star break.

And of course now we get the team that wants to rival 94-95 NU for consecutive wins...in their park. Naturally we'll sweep them. :Banana:

Royals blow the game against Cleveland giving up one run to tie in the 9th and one run to lose in the 10th.

Tribe wins 22 straight.

IO1QU8E.gif

Last edited:
About the only saving grace from this nightmarish downturn of the Royals is watching Rhys Hoskins continue to rake.

18 homers now ... in 34 career games.

39 RBIs in that stretch. The most in MLB history over a player's first 34 games.

He walked twice last night, resulting in 26 walks against 26 strikeouts. You just don't see young power hitters with that much plate discipline. Some power hitters never have it.

And he's hitting .314.

The Phillies absolutely suck. But Hoskins may have earned the greatest debut by a player in the history of baseball.

It ain't over til it's over, but we're pretty darn close now. On the wrong side of a "9" elimination number.

Any last-chance magic, guys??

It ain't over til it's over, but we're pretty darn close now. On the wrong side of a "9" elimination number.

Any last-chance magic, guys??
There is a chance but it would be a short playoff stay anyway.

I say play the young guys and see what they can do. Get Soler and Mondesi some MLB time and see if we have anything there.

There is a chance but it would be a short playoff stay anyway.

I say play the young guys and see what they can do. Get Soler and Mondesi some MLB time and see if we have anything there.

Soler was the most disappointing flop of the year for me. Total loss on that trade, especially with Herrera cratering lately. And I'm not sure Mondesi can hit much better than Gore right now...

Soler was the most disappointing flop of the year for me. Total loss on that trade, especially with Herrera cratering lately. And I'm not sure Mondesi can hit much better than Gore right now...
Mondesi does great at AAA(.305/13HR). He just needs to relax and start performing in KC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back