• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

That was an awesome finish!!!! :Banana::Banana::Banana::Shout::Shout::Shout::Hooray::Hooray::Hooray:

Witt's first career walk-off base hit.

They had been 0-29 when trailing leading into the 9th so I had written this one off.
Loved seeing Gordo score the winning run.
Osuna was under the weather for the BJs tonight so that was good. :Cheers:

The Red Sox were 27-0 when leading after 7 innings before Wednesdays game also.:Cool:

smudh7B.jpg

Osuna was under the weather for the BJs tonight so that was good. :Cheers:

The Red Sox were 27-0 when leading after 7 innings before Wednesdays game also.:Cool:

smudh7B.jpg

Pretty crazy how we managed to dodge both the Jays' closer and the Red Soxs' in our recent come-from-behind wins. I'll take it. BTW, Danny Duffy went nuts on Twitter last night and this morning, reacting to the win. He's pitching for Omaha today, I believe.

Roylas win again behind another great pitching performance from Vargas. He had his MLB leading 11th win today. Its amazing how well he pitches with very little velocity. While not as good, he reminds me a little of Maddux for the Braves back in the 90's. Doesn't throw hard but terrific control.

Another series win and back in the black at 37-36. First time above .500 in '17.:thumbsup:

The reddit baseball page has a lot of this type of angst against the Royals. The Royals page has a lot of fun with it. The Royals are ruining baseball again!!!:Cheers:

KC also ruined my plans for a rebuild ... but I've grown to like the alternative quite a bit. :Biggrin:

Roylas win again behind another great pitching performance from Vargas. He had his MLB leading 11th win today. Its amazing how well he pitches with very little velocity. While not as good, he reminds me a little of Maddux for the Braves back in the 90's. Doesn't throw hard but terrific control.

Another series win and back in the black at 37-36. First time above .500 in '17.:thumbsup:

Other than Vargas, Gordo was the hero today. He's come up big in the clutch these past two games.

KC also ruined my plans for a rebuild ... but I've grown to like the alternative quite a bit. :Biggrin:
While the farm is depleted for the most part, the Royals do have some hope in Omaha. Soler and Mondesi are playing awfully well down in AAA but the question is whether it will transfer to the majors. Torrez has already done well for the Royals and makes Escobar's chances of returning next season look very iffy. O'Hearn needs to step it up as a potential replacement for Hosmer if needed. Dozier(3B) looked good early but has battled injuries all season.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out for 2018 with all of the big contracts expiring.

While the farm is depleted for the most part, the Royals do have some hope in Omaha. Soler and Mondesi are playing awfully well down in AAA but the question is whether it will transfer to the majors. Torrez has already done well for the Royals and makes Escobar's chances of returning next season look very iffy. O'Hearn needs to step it up as a potential replacement for Hosmer if needed. Dozier(3B) looked good early but has battled injuries all season.

It will be interesting to see how things shake out for 2018 with all of the big contracts expiring.

Even Bubba has really turned it on in the past month.

Royals implode in the 6th and allow 5 runs. Down 8-2 now going to the bottom of the 7th.

LoCain commits an oops today, not scoring before Hoz thrown out at second. Wouldn't have changed anything but still never a good look to cost a teammate an earned RBI. Of course, he's earned him a few over the years too, so I doubt there will be anything made of it but some playful grief.

Royals score 3 runs off Verlander before he even recorded and out and then don't score the rest of the game...lose 5-3.:Banghead:

KC ties up the series with Detroit tonight. The Tigers were the last team to win a series over the Royals (in late-May). Let's win game three tomorrow!

Glad to see Kennedy seems to be getting back on-track.

Very happy to see Soler called back up. There is no way he's not an upgrade from Moss.

Gordon had another nice night at the plate.

Salvy and Moose both homered.

All is good again in Royals land.

P.S. If you haven't cast an All-Star Game ballot or 20 by now, you'd darn well better soon.

Last edited:

KC ties up the series with Detroit tonight. The Tigers were the last team to win a series over the Royals (in late-May). Let's win game three tomorrow!

Glad to see Kennedy seems to be getting back on-track.

Very happy to see Soler called back up. There is no way he's not an upgrade from Moss.

Gordon had another nice night at the plate.

Salvy and Moose both homered.

All is good again in Royals land.

P.S. If you haven't cast an All-Star Game ballot or 20 by now, you'd darn well better soon.
Kennedy gave up his usual two HRs, but they were solo shots.:thumbsup:

Agree on Soler>Moss.

Gordon has looked much better lately and Escobar is on fire right now. Guess he needed called out by me to light a fire under his ass.;)

Finish off the Tigers and then get some payback on the Twins.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back