• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Royals

One of the best pitchers in the league(Sale) vs a rookie pitcher who has bounced back and forth from reliever and starter(Strahm). Logic says a Royals loss...baseball says weird things happen.

Last edited:

One of the best pitchers in the league(Sale) vs a rookie pitcher who has bounced back and forth from reliever and starter(Strahm). Logic says a Royals loss...baseball says weird things happen.
Yep, went as expected. 8-1 Sox in the 9th.

Apparently, if I read that correctly, the Yankees have now lost 7 games in a row, first time in a season, since 2007. It seriously wouldn't hurt my feelings if they lost 20 in a row.

Royals take 2 of 3 from the Red Sox with a come from behind 6-4 win. The 2nd best bullpen in the majors gave up 4 runs in the 8th with a Salvy grand slam.:Rockon:

I'm not sure I grasp why Boston didn't bring in Kimbrel when the Royals loaded the bases in the 8th. He's pitched beyond 1 inning twice this month (so it's not like he can't) -- and has a stellar 0.85 ERA -- and didn't pitch once in the series against the Royals. Seems like some poor managerial decisions.

But what a fantastic comeback by KC! Salvy's first career grand salami.

The Royals have only lost one of their last eight series!

Very psyched about the run since 10-20. Wish AG was contributing more, but still like the mojo. Watching today, absolutely LOVED Moose barking at ump "That sh** was up!!" very audibly (on the broadcast) after TWO high strikes were called. Let's not ever think these guys don't care and aren't proud. Two WS in a row says otherwise. Let's make a run for three in four. Who's in??

Very psyched about the run since 10-20. Wish AG was contributing more, but still like the mojo. Watching today, absolutely LOVED Moose barking at ump "That sh** was up!!" very audibly (on the broadcast) after TWO high strikes were called. Let's not ever think these guys don't care and aren't proud. Two WS in a row says otherwise. Let's make a run for three in four. Who's in??
Cleveland is starting to play liked they were expected to and they will be tough to beat for the central. The Blue Jays are exactly like the Royals in that they started off horribly but have put things back together. I would not be shocked at all if they end up winning the east. Houston should run away with the west. I think KC can get a wild card spot and then anything can happen as we saw in 2014.

KC down 4-2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th...runners on 1st and 3rd and Gordon up.

Merrifield doubles and caps a 4 run bottom of the 9th for the Royals to win the game!!!:Banana:

Royals magic is alive!!!

Merrifield doubles and caps a 4 run bottom of the 9th for the Royals to win the game!!!:Banana:

Royals magic is alive!!!

Unbelievable!

And I believe every run for KC in the 9th scored with 2 outs. Toronto kept replacing pitchers all inning, and it didn't matter.

With Cleveland losing, the Royals are 3 back in the division. Amazing.

Last edited:

That was an awesome finish!!!! :Banana::Banana::Banana::Shout::Shout::Shout::Hooray::Hooray::Hooray:

Witt's first career walk-off base hit.

They had been 0-29 when trailing leading into the 9th so I had written this one off.
Loved seeing Gordo score the winning run.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back