• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 MLB

Yankees seem like Houston in 2015. Loaded with young stud talent but not yet enough experience.

Even as a huge Yankee-hater, I must confess ... Aaron Judge is beyond incredible.

That's a good way of putting it. It will be hard to trust them in the playoffs just yet. Judge is incredible, but they tend to lose when he's not dropping bombs. As good as he is, pitchers will start to figure him out a little, it will be interesting to see him adapt.

I don't trust the Rockies rookie pitching in the playoffs, either. But man...that's a balanced team. I like the Rockies and would like to see them do well, they will have a window in the next few years to do something Royals-like.

I'm waiting for teams to tank and sell off. Nats need bullpen help badly.

That's a good way of putting it. It will be hard to trust them in the playoffs just yet. Judge is incredible, but they tend to lose when he's not dropping bombs. As good as he is, pitchers will start to figure him out a little, it will be interesting to see him adapt.

I don't trust the Rockies rookie pitching in the playoffs, either. But man...that's a balanced team. I like the Rockies and would like to see them do well, they will have a window in the next few years to do something Royals-like.

The Rockies are a great story. I am not a fan, but it's hard not to root for a team like Colorado. The NL West is probably the best division in baseball this season, with Colorado, Arizona, and the Dodgers all playing exceptionally well. Anyone but the Dodgers is my mantra in the NL.

One KEY to the Yanks going deep is if Tanaka can get back on track IMO. He should be a 15 to 20 game winner but has really fallen on hard times after the injury. Never know what he's going to give the team. Last night he only gave up 4 hits in 7 innings which is what's expected from him. "IF" he returns to form Yanks will be strong contenders in the playoffs, but might be a year away. Baseball is a sport of hot streaks. Get hot at the right time and anything is possible. BTW the Yanks generally win when Judge slams a HR.....

I adopted the Rockies as my secondary/alternate team when we moved to Colorado in 2006. Its exciting but I don't trust this team either.

I hate the whole AL East except TB and we know they aren't winning the division.

Last edited:

Amazing how many teams are 500 this year! Wildcards go down to the wire again this year.

In 2013 the Astros won 51 games. This year they already have 51 wins. It sure helps to suck to get all the new Astros.:Biggrin:

Top and bottom teams, so far this year.....
American League: Top
Houston Astros - 56 - 27*
Boston Redsox - 48 - 35
Cleveland Indians
tie
New York Yankees - 44 - 37

American League: Bottom
Oakland A's - 35 - 48
Detroit Tigers - 36 - 45
Toronto Blue Jays
tie
Chicago White Sox - 37- 45

National League: Top
LA Dodgers - 55 - 29
Arizona Diamondbacks - 52 - 31
Washington Nationals - 49 - 34

National League: Bottom
Philadelphia Phillies - 28 - 53**
San Francisco Giants - 33 - 51
San Diego Padres - 34 - 48

* Best overall record
** Worst overall record

Last edited:
A lot of movement today with trade deadline ending at 3pm. Several teams positioned themselves for the playoff run. Good job by the Royals, Yankees, cubs. Astros not so much. With all their injuries I thought they would Make a move! Crap.

A lot of movement today with trade deadline ending at 3pm. Several teams positioned themselves for the playoff run. Good job by the Royals, Yankees, cubs. Astros not so much. With all their injuries I thought they would Make a move! Crap.

Your 'Stros picked up Liriano. As I said in the Royals thread, I'm far from sold on him. But, we'll see.

I doubt Houston fans want to face KC in the playoffs -- if that could possibly happen.

As if the Dodgers needed to boost their already incredible season ... the pick up of Darvish is insanely good. Yuck.

Last edited:

Your 'Stros picked up Liriano. As I said in the Royals thread, I'm far from sold on him. But, we'll see.

I doubt Houston fans want to face KC in the playoffs -- if that could possibly happen.

As if the Dodgers needed to boost their already incredible season ... the pick up of Darvish is insanely good. Yuck.
I hate the Dodgers. But unless the Astros get healthy it won't matter.

The Phillies have a young star who has reached legendary status.

Rhys Hoskins hit his 11th homer today. A rookie, who was called up to join the team on August 10. Hit his first career HR on August 14 -- and has added 10 more since. In less than two weeks.

And he isn't a free-swinger. He has 11 walks over that span. Versus 13 strikeouts. That's phenomenal for any power hitter -- let alone a rookie who just got called up.

Oh -- and he started a triple-play today with a great grab in the outfield.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back