• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 Class rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryhusker

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Curious where the 2017 class ranks now without Blades at Watts? Wouldn't that put us into the 30's overall? The plus side is we can give more offers in 2018 so the class rank there should be higher if they can pull in some more studs. GBR!

Curious where the 2017 class ranks now without Blades at Watts? Wouldn't that put us into the 30's overall? The plus side is we can give more offers in 2018 so the class rank there should be higher if they can pull in some more studs. GBR!

Would have dropped NU to 28th according to the class calculator.

That's assuming that every player from every team ahead of NU enrolled of course.

Last edited:
We're down about "11 stars" based on the loss of Blades, Watts, and KJ Jr. About 15% of our class is already gone before Fall Camp. Hopefully we get KJ Jr. back.

Would have dropped NU to 28th according to the class calculator.

That's assuming that every player from every team ahead of NU enrolled of course.

We're down about "11 stars" based on the loss of Blades, Watts, and KJ Jr. About 15% of our class is already gone before Fall Camp. Hopefully we get KJ Jr. back.

Thank you for your responses, I didn't even think of KJjr. So this class is down to 'Bo Standards'? I hope the 2018 class can live up to expectations and be better than we've had...

Readjust Bo's classes, gotta keep all things equal.

C
Right... His best class still gets to include Bubba Starling, the year before Chase Harper never made. This argument will no doubt try to be made by some, but that would be neglecting taking out Bo's guys that never made it here. Hell... 2013 had Dimarya Mixon, Ernest Suttles, and Tre'Vell Dixon who never got to fall camp.

Right... His best class still gets to include Bubba Starling, the year before Chase Harper never made. This argument will no doubt try to be made by some, but that would be neglecting taking out Bo's guys that never made it here. Hell... 2013 had Dimarya Mixon, Ernest Suttles, and Tre'Vell Dixon who never got to fall camp.

Was this the academic casualty you were thinking of?

If we went back and re-computed the class ranking for this class, we'd have to do it for all classes since we've had a lot of kid's missing before they got here. Some of aour best classes have been when we signed MLB players that had no intent of ever showing in Lincoln.

You have to keep everything in perspective and on equal footing. It seems to me that now days you just have to almost plan on losing a couple from your class every year. I think it unfortunately shows the decline of our education system in a glaring way. I read a study the other day that said in effect that college graduates today by a large percentage (30% or so?) would not be able to graduate 20 years ago. They would have failed out.

You have to keep everything in perspective and on equal footing. It seems to me that now days you just have to almost plan on losing a couple from your class every year. I think it unfortunately shows the decline of our education system in a glaring way. I read a study the other day that said in effect that college graduates today by a large percentage (30% or so?) would not be able to graduate 20 years ago. They would have failed out.
Agree... you basically have to know a few kids aren't going to get out of their first year here. But 3 before fall camp is interesting. Though, KJJ was here in the spring so it's a little different situation.

I don't think so... I really think it was Dimarya Mixon.

Just googled Tre'vell Dixon, He went Juco, as announced in July. Not sure if he was close to qualifying or not. He flipped and flopped and flirted with ASU before ending up JUCO. But seems to have fallen off the radar. "Nate Clouse ‏@NateClouse @HuskersFB @Sean_Callahan He didn't end up going anywhere. He's not playing football or going to school as far as I know."

Mixon ended up at Tennessee never started, appeared in 37 games though, and is transferring to SMU for his senior season. Mixon went the sit out a year route and got eligible.

"his route to the Cornhuskers ran into trouble when the NCAA Eligibility Center wouldn't clear him"

"The 6-foot-3, 282-pounder said he had the required grades and test score, so instead of heading to junior college, he stayed out of school and reentered the recruiting process while working out to stay in shape and maintaining a job at a Dallas-area Whataburger, a venture he called "a great experience.""

Pretty unclear to me how a year a whataburger got him Tennessee ready. :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back