• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Big Ten Baseball Tournament Bracket

DAS6Z-vUwAAxta8.jpg:large

Purdue will be a tough out in game 1, then maybe Iowa who perennially been a thorn in our side.

Probably a good thing having Michigan, Minny, and Indiana in the other bracket.

Last edited:
Purdue will be a tough out in game 1, then maybe Iowa who perennially been a thorn in our side.

Yep, Purdue on a streak as well. I wonder if we are waiting on our weekend rotation until Thursday? You don't chance anything in tournaments, and Hohensee threw 80 pitches or less first game, but that would be back to back weeks with one less day of rest for our weekend starters. I would personally throw Hohensee, but Ethan Frazier hasn't given up an earned run his last two starts. The problem lies that Frazier doesn't go too long into games, so we get into the bullpen first game.

The league is very even this year. No real clear-cut favorite. The tourney should be interesting.

In order to get the conference automatic bid to the NCAA tourment we have to win the tourment? Winning the conference is winning the conference but doesn't carry anymore then that? Just asking the question??

In order to get the conference automatic bid to the NCAA tourment we have to win the tourment? Winning the conference is winning the conference but doesn't carry anymore then that? Just asking the question??
Yes, the tournament champion gets the automatic bid. However, we will get a bid whether we win the tournament or not.

Correct. We are a lock though for the tournament even if we go 2 and bbq.

I"m going to get a little crazy here, but if Oklahoma shows bad in the Big 12 tourney, and Nebraska sweeps the tournament, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lincoln host a regional.

I"m going to get a little crazy here, but if Oklahoma shows bad in the Big 12 tourney, and Nebraska sweeps the tournament, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lincoln host a regional.

Definitely getting ahead here, but could possibly see a similar situation with Missouri State. Most projections now have MSU as a 2 seed, but they have been in the discussion as a 1. However, they share their stadium with a minor league club and the stadium will not be available for a regional that weekend. I think they are trying to figure something else out, should they host, but could be a 1 seed that gets shipped somewhere else. Still a long shot at this point though.

I look for Indiana dumping Minny in first round, in part d/t home crowd enthusiasm. Then likely Indiana/Mich to square off on Thursday.

I think Nebraska starts Waldron against Purdue. Prefer Maryland as opponent in 2nd round

Apologize for replying to myself here, but looks like Hohensee will get the nod on Wednesday and Burkamper on Thursday. If we win both of those I imagine the ball goes to Frazier to save Meyers for a possible championship game. That's two straight weeks with one days rest as the weekend rotation normally has had, and we all saw how Hohensee lacked sharpness (not sure I phrased that right) last week on short rest. Really left balls elevated and in turn came out of the game quicker than normal. Luckily we have Waldron back after being shut down for close to a month.
Yep, Purdue on a streak as well. I wonder if we are waiting on our weekend rotation until Thursday? You don't chance anything in tournaments, and Hohensee threw 80 pitches or less first game, but that would be back to back weeks with one less day of rest for our weekend starters. I would personally throw Hohensee, but Ethan Frazier hasn't given up an earned run his last two starts. The problem lies that Frazier doesn't go too long into games, so we get into the bullpen first game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back