• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2015 Wisc. 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson on an OV to Lincoln tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing to point out it is is tougher to watch film and be able to subjectively say when someone is so clearly faster than everyone else of the field. He made some nice cuts but in all fairness he was 7 yards down field before he even had to make a cut or adjustment. His film was closer to a Braylon heard for me. Very good looking prospect but no idea how he would hold up to the physicality since we really haven't seen him challenged that way at the high school level

Last edited:

I'm not going to get into the conversation about Stevenson's talent or how Jordan compares to the gentleman currently on the roster. It's purely conjecture at this point and I'm the last person you'd want judging talent and if someone should or shouldn't start. That's why we have a professional coaching staff. The thing that's exciting for me is that this raises the level of intensity in the competition in the running back room. We don't have a clear cut starter and everyone is going to be giving maximum effort in fall camp.

If you look at all of the great running backs in the history of Nebraska, one defining characteristic was the level of competition on the depth chart. The running back room was stacked with any number of backs that could start on any other team.

Wise post! Competition makes everyone better.

Uhhh, yes some have. It's the nature of fans to want the next great freshman to show up and save the team. RB May be the one position that's possible, but I'll say again I've seen nothing to suggest he's obviously better than Cross, Newby, Taylor, or Wilbon, all VHR recruits in their own rights.

I e read most of this thread. I don't recall anyone saying he would start

Maybe not with guys on the roster, although Rex was there. But in regards to incoming talent he was viewed as the 3rd best out of the three we signed that year.

True, but the comment I was replying to was in regards to great competition breeding great RBs. Green and Heard left too early to meet that criteria. Ameer didn't have it for his last two years, but he was still great. He's just an exception to the general rule.

18-anchorman-quotes.gif

Sounds like Jordan has reached out to Coach Davis. And they are following each other on twitter.

Decision coming.

Started a new thread. As this one has gotten long and cumbersome.

You can go there if you like....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back