• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2014 Huskers vs 2018 Huskers

The 2014 team still amazes me. They had no depth whatsoever. I think Petteway was just that dominant during that stretch. Shavon was a nice piece. Pitchford and Gallegos could knock down shots. Leslie was okay but always hurt. Rivers was just a glue guy. I think it was all Petteway and defense.

Trying to think who off that team would even play on the 2018 team. Petteway would start at the 2 without question. Shavon would probably be 6th man, backing up Copeland and Palmer. Pitchford would be your 7th, backing up the 4 and 5, probably steals all of Jordy and Duby’s minutes. Rivers and Benny don’t play. Freshman Tai doesn’t play. Gallegos may steal some minutes from Taylor and Anton.

Defensively, that 2014 team was locked in.
No offense to Ray, but I take Anton over him all day. Anton has been really solid as of late, and Ray was the opposite of solid, very streaky. I agree that Terran would start at the 2/3 next to Palmer, but i am worried about what he would do to our lineup chemistry. He was a chucker

Regardless of overall record or skepticism, at the end of the day, Nebraska must extend his contract and invest in Miles for the foreseeable future. There are no other alternatives.

What does A.D. Bilsker do in this instance? Do you do something other than extend?
Yes! We did it! Even Blisker wants to keep Miles. Fromunda probably still wants him out after catching Tim with his wife

Last edited:
Yes! We did it! Even Blisker wants to keep Miles. Fromunda probably still wants him out after catching Tim with his wife

I never gave it much thought before (until it was brought up in another thread) but for a 'supposedly' family friendly board where we get scolded and threatened for trying to beat the word filter it's a really disgusting user name and should be changed to something more acceptable.

Bilsker is a realist. I think everyone understands the Miles situation and the needing to extend his contract, even if you are skeptical.

@Fromunda Cheese has some valid points. He loses credibility though because he’s only salty, he never comes around when Nebraska is winning. If Nebraska lost to Illinois, he would be in here throwing shade.

No offense to Ray, but I take Anton over him all day. Anton has been really solid as of late, and Ray was the opposite of solid, very streaky. I agree that Terran would start at the 2/3 next to Palmer, but i am worried about what he would do to our lineup chemistry. He was a chucker

For whatever reason, I thought Gallegos had a better junior season than he did. I thought he shot around 38% from deep, I was wrong. You’re right, Anton is better. Gallegos may be a tough more athletic and better defender, but he’s not better offensively and Anton is a good leader. Good call.

For whatever reason, I thought Gallegos had a better junior season than he did. I thought he shot around 38% from deep, I was wrong. You’re right, Anton is better. Gallegos may be a tough more athletic and better defender, but he’s not better offensively and Anton is a good leader. Good call.
I liked Rey Gallegos, but Anton is a better player in pretty much every aspect except knees. Anton is a better defender but has some limitations on lateral movement. Anton is a better shooter, stronger player, about equal handling the ball, better rebounder and better going to the rim. I think Rey was with the program through some tough times and had reduced playing time because of transfers. They both made the most of their situation, and they are similar in that.

I think we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop on the season. Coach Miles should get an extension, not sure he should still have been here to start the year? And, I am have been one of his biggest supporters. I have found myself enjoying the season. Lowered expectations will do that.

To the bold. Nick Bahe and his sidekick were having an interesting discussion today. The sidekick is an Iowa football fan and he was talking about how mad he was during their 12-0 season about the disrespect they were getting. Then when they finished 0-2 he realized maybe "they" were right and that maybe he should have tried to enjoy the 12-0 part more. Point being...enjoy these next 3 games because NU is playing games in late Feb that MEAN something. A win over a terrible Illinois team won't just be "ho hum"...it will be a big step toward making the dance. As opposed to being mad about something that hasn't happened yet - getting snubbed (which seems to be becoming a theme on here and the radio).
I"m not mad we may not make the tourney. It is just reality, we may not. Again, Conference Tourney finals and we are in , in my opinion. Anything short and we won't be, in my opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back