• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 bucket illness

Native

ToungeInCheek since 2010
Staff member
10 Year Member
As I have spent the last 2 days on the couch at my parents while my kids run amuck and I ignore them on my frequent bathroom trips I notice an appropriate lull in posting on the message board. :)

But As I improve I am back to thinking about the recruiting process.

If you were a recruit now, what would be the biggest draw for you? How is your an different today than when you were 17?

I would have been more likely as 17 year old to have location be important and stayed within a radius of home. Today I would go elsewhere easier and picked a location on other factors and wouldn’t have stayed in Nebraska.

Overall scheme and coaching would be tops today. Back when I was 17 exposure and TV coverage would have rated higher.

Last edited:
I graduated in 95 from HS. Nebraska had national TV exposure like ND, FSU, Miami, OU, Michigan, OSU, PSU, and USC/UCLA.

Today every team almost can get watched. I think that lends itself to what Native says above and I would agree.

Now it is how can I a) get on a highlight reel b) get to the league more so than then maybe a little bit. More I, less team. There are lots of greats kids out there but there are also more prima donnas now then back then because of TV and Internet as well as HS national coverage.

I graduated in 95 from HS. Nebraska had national TV exposure like ND, FSU, Miami, OU, Michigan, OSU, PSU, and USC/UCLA.

Today every team almost can get watched. I think that lends itself to what Native says above and I would agree.

Now it is how can I a) get on a highlight reel b) get to the league more so than then maybe a little bit. More I, less team. There are lots of greats kids out there but there are also more prima donnas now then back then because of TV and Internet as well as HS national coverage.
I understand the posts above,but just for me, I would have picked Nebraska no matter what. I never had the talent so I guess it’s a moot point. I am so proud to let folks know I’m a Husker fan.Got a number 7 jersey with FROST on the back from one of my daughters today.Raised the kid right.GBR.

So your saying for Frost’s recruiting he needs to take 2 buckets to recruits homes and just puke it out... since he's sick of losing, err something like that. I think I summed this recruiting thread up right... :Biggrin:

I think I would have done eactly what I did for exactly the same reason - turn down the NU offer and go half a continent away to (a) go to the school I thought best in the contry and (b) see part of the world beyond O street. I have no regrets and don't support NU football any less than I did for 17 years growing up in Lincoln. they have always remained my football team. In fact, my daughter gave me a Husker blanket only yesterday as a Christmas present. Going to the league was never important to me. I turned down MLB offers because I didn't want that kind of life.

I have a high sense of loyalty. I have problems turning my back on anyone I have been loyal to in the past. Because of this, I think going to another school would never work (as long as field of study was similar to what I could get at UNL). And the coach would be ticked at me being in the huddle during a game while listening to a Husker game at the same time.

Thankfully, I have zero talent so I have never had to make such a difficult decision.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back