• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

12 Strong; Really looking forward to this

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
12 Strong releases this Friday and I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, my schedule probably won't allow for me to see it this weekend so, if anyone does see it, please let us know what you think. I've read a couple of books about these guys. They did some truly heroic crap and basically took down the Taliban with a handful of A-Teams. Oh, and suitcases stuffed with money, provided by the CIA to buy Warlord's allegiance to the US effort.

I read the book Horse Soldiers and it was absolutely incredible. What those men did was nothing short of amazing. Incredible. Miraculous.
Yeah, that's a good book for sure. The Warlord charging across the plain was pretty funny. Jawbreaker is another really good book. It tells the story of CIA operatives going into AFG and prepping the way for the first two ODA's to enter the country and these guys comprised one of those ODA's. If you liked Horse Soldiers, you'll like Jawbreaker.

Yeah, that's a good book for sure. The Warlord charging across the plain was pretty funny. Jawbreaker is another really good book. It tells the story of CIA operatives going into AFG and prepping the way for the first two ODA's to enter the country and these guys comprised one of those ODA's. If you liked Horse Soldiers, you'll like Jawbreaker.
I will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

12 Strong releases this Friday and I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, my schedule probably won't allow for me to see it this weekend so, if anyone does see it, please let us know what you think. I've read a couple of books about these guys. They did some truly heroic crap and basically took down the Taliban with a handful of A-Teams. Oh, and suitcases stuffed with money, provided by the CIA to buy Warlord's allegiance to the US effort.
The biggest failure was letting warlords "finish" the task at Tora Bora... Apparently bin Laden also had suitcases full of cash... enough to buy his way out.

Last edited:
The biggest failure was letting warlords "finish" the task at Tora Bora... Apparently bin Laden also had suitcases full of cash... enough to buy his way out.
We had him dead to rights at one point in Tora Bora and Obama wouldn't authorize the mission.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back