• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

12', 7", 430lb Center Jordy Tshimanga signs with Nebraska.

Moses Abraham was a graduate transfer which means you know what you are getting and aren't going to get any more. Nobody was going to turn that guy into a scorer...especially not in one season.

To dis the staff on not developing him is being hyper-critical imo.

Moses was actually getting better in mid-December, when he broke his hand. While he played a little after that, it was a huge setback for Moses, and a moderate setback for the team. Leslee Smith hasn't been mentioned, but blowing out his ACL during the summer before his senior year was his demise, rather than not being developed.

6'11".

redo...why are you shortening jordy by an inch??? he really is 6'11".

Last edited:
Moses was actually getting better in mid-December, when he broke his hand. While he played a little after that, it was a huge setback for Moses, and a moderate setback for the team. Leslee Smith hasn't been mentioned, but blowing out his ACL during the summer before his senior year was his demise, rather than not being developed.

But Moses was never a guy that was going to be an offensive plus down low. Rebound and putback was his scoring forte.

Smith's injury hurt though. I think he could have been a factor offensively.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/jordy-...cle_e1656862-1b5e-11e6-a053-3ff47921cc33.html

This makes me feel good:

Tshimanga left a French-speaking school in Canada to play at MacDuffie. This season, he averaged 18 points and 14 rebounds a game. But it was in January at the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Massachusetts, where Tshimanga opened eyes nationwide.Going against Kentucky five-star recruit Wenyen Gabriel, a 6-10 forward, Tshimanga led MacDuffie to an overtime win with 13 points, 19 rebounds and three blocks to Gabriel’s 18, 13 and eight.

Scholarship offers from Power Five schools poured in. Arizona, Pittsburgh, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Minnesota, UNLV, SMU, Virginia Tech and Arizona State all wanted in.

This gave me a little concern based on past issues with recruits:

Also, as with any international recruit, the gathering of transcripts and the path through the NCAA Clearinghouse can take time. Rivera said Tshimanga is earning straight A’s this semester. His classwork from his French-speaking school will draw scrutiny.

Outstanding job recruiting this kid by the staff, especially Kenya! I think he will be a good player for his sophomore-senior year, but what can we really expect from him this year? Maric is really the only player in recent history we can compare him to.

Maric came to Nebraska at 6'11" and 255/260 lbs and probably finished his last 2 years here at 275 lbs. Jordy has a similar body type, I'd say Maric was a little more built, Jordy probably longer (has a 3" longer wingspan). Based on Jordy's body type, I'd like to see him at 250-255 lbs.

As a freshman, Maric averaged 20.8 minutes, 8 points, and 6.3 rebounds. Maric was considerably more skilled offensively, but probably not as athletic. Maric was good rebounder mostly because of strength and I.Q., Jordy looks strong and fairly athletic in the film I've seen. I'm not saying that Jordy's basketball I.Q. is low by any means, but one thing Maric doesn't get enough credit for is how smart he was on the floor. He was probably the best passing post player in the country his last two years here.

Two different coaches and conferences obviously. Using that as a rough gauge though, I'd be really happy with 15 minutes, 5 points, and 5 boards a game. Wouldn't you guys? At least I hope we can get that out of him. It would change the dynamics of our defense for nearly an entire half. That would also allow Morrow to play the 4. Jacobson may still start at 5 and slide over to the 4 at times.

maric was an almost guaranteed double double every night....and one thing that was maddening to me was, for some reason, he basically REFUSED to dunk almost all the time....always going for the baby layup....maddening...

Outstanding job recruiting this kid by the staff, especially Kenya! I think he will be a good player for his sophomore-senior year, but what can we really expect from him this year? Maric is really the only player in recent history we can compare him to.

Maric came to Nebraska at 6'11" and 255/260 lbs and probably finished his last 2 years here at 275 lbs. Jordy has a similar body type, I'd say Maric was a little more built, Jordy probably longer (has a 3" longer wingspan). Based on Jordy's body type, I'd like to see him at 250-255 lbs.

As a freshman, Maric averaged 20.8 minutes, 8 points, and 6.3 rebounds. Maric was considerably more skilled offensively, but probably not as athletic. Maric was good rebounder mostly because of strength and I.Q., Jordy looks strong and fairly athletic in the film I've seen. I'm not saying that Jordy's basketball I.Q. is low by any means, but one thing Maric doesn't get enough credit for is how smart he was on the floor. He was probably the best passing post player in the country his last two years here.

Two different coaches and conferences obviously. Using that as a rough gauge though, I'd be really happy with 15 minutes, 5 points, and 5 boards a game. Wouldn't you guys? At least I hope we can get that out of him. It would change the dynamics of our defense for nearly an entire half. That would also allow Morrow to play the 4. Jacobson may still start at 5 and slide over to the 4 at times.

As a freshman, Maric had already played at the international level for Australia, and had been playing basketball on a national level for years at AIS. He was way ahead of where Jordy is. I'd be happy with the bolded above. Just letting Morrow and Jacobson play at 4 sometimes would be great.

BTW - new guys are added to the roster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back