• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

10 Wins?

Will the Huskers win 10 games in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters

I'm wondering if that's the year he leaves for his second HC job after two marvelous years transforming our D.
If things had gone better at Connecticut I'd be very inclined to agree with you, but they didn't go that well for him there. I'm sure he'll probably be a head coach again and maybe not that far into the future. Also, this year will be a transformation year and in 2018 we face a lot of good offenses. You could be right, but given the choice, I'd rather the Blackshirts turn into a lights out defense over the next couple seasons and then we try to figure out how to keep Bob Diaco here as long as possible. A lot of very good D coordinators stays places for an extended period of time. Case in point, Charlie McBride along with several others.

If things had gone better at Connecticut I'd be very inclined to agree with you, but they didn't go that well for him there. I'm sure he'll probably be a head coach again and maybe not that far into the future. Also, this year will be a transformation year and in 2018 we face a lot of good offenses. You could be right, but given the choice, I'd rather the Blackshirts turn into a lights out defense over the next couple seasons and then we try to figure out how to keep Bob Diaco here as long as possible. A lot of very good D coordinators stays places for an extended period of time. Case in point, Charlie McBride along with several others.
I'd be good with that...

I expect you know the answer to your question, MR makes him Asst Head Coach, but hey, we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Diaco has got a lot to prove as our new DC IMO. Going to sit back and see what kind defense he crafts for the Huskers. Everything else is speculation until he shows what he can do. ND had more then a few really good defensive players for him to build his defenses. I think it's going to be a bit more difficult in Lincoln.

Diaco has got a lot to prove as our new DC IMO. Going to sit back and see what kind defense he crafts for the Huskers. Everything else is speculation until he shows what he can do. ND had more then a few really good defensive players for him to build his defenses. I think it's going to be a bit more difficult in Lincoln.
You're right, he still has to prove himself at Nebraska. But look where Notre Dame was before him and look where they are now since he left. I'm not saying that's 100% Diaco's doing, but you also have to keep in mind that he was part of the staff that recruited those really good players Notre Dame had as well. It appears to me, we're already starting to get those similar types of players to commit to the Huskers.

You're right, he still has to prove himself at Nebraska. But look where Notre Dame was before him and look where they are now since he left. I'm not saying that's 100% Diaco's doing, but you also have to keep in mind that he was part of the staff that recruited those really good players Notre Dame had as well. It appears to me, we're already starting to get those similar types of players to commit to the Huskers.
If he can improve our talent level while putting a very competitive defense on the field he'll have earned his pay and then some. I looked back at what Diaco inherited when he took over as DC and there was considerably more talent then he just got at Nebraska. Not to say he didn't greatly improve the ND defense because he did that and more.

I agree he seems to be an excellent recruiter and is a dynamic coach. I love his style and being involved with everything going on. He's not a coach that stands back but rather jumps right in on coaching players. It's going to be fun watching what he does this season. I'm not expecting miracles just want to see solid progress during the season. Got to give the man time to bring his players and system together.

If he can improve our talent level while putting a very competitive defense on the field he'll have earned his pay and then some. I looked back at what Diaco inherited when he took over as DC and there was considerably more talent then he just got at Nebraska. Not to say he didn't greatly improve the ND defense because he did that and more.

I agree he seems to be an excellent recruiter and is a dynamic coach. I love his style and being involved with everything going on. He's not a coach that stands back but rather jumps right in on coaching players. It's going to be fun watching what he does this season. I'm not expecting miracles just want to see solid progress during the season. Got to give the man time to bring his players and system together.
The biggest progress I'd like to see next season is our defense playing more physical against Iowa and Wisconsin, and preventing the big plays against Ohio State and also Penn State.

The biggest progress I'd like to see next season is our defense playing more physical against Iowa and Wisconsin, and preventing the big plays against Ohio State and also Penn State.
Completely agree that Nebraska Blackshirts need to start looking like Nebraska Blackshirts. I can handle losses but I hate being pushed around by teams like IA and Wisky. It's all about the "shirts" earning that respect back which I believe Diaco can make happen. A large part of that is "attitude" which obviously you know because you always played like your hair was on fire!

Last edited:

Completely agree that Nebraska Blackshirts need to start looking like Nebraska Blackshirts. I can handle losses but I hate being pushed around by teams like IA and Wisky. It's all about the "shirts" earning that respect back which I believe Diaco can make happen. A large part of that is "attitude" which obviously you know because you always played like your hair was on fire!
Wisky hasn't pushed any MR teams around yet.

GET TICKETS

Back